One of the many, many…many things I love about Seattle is the abundance of events and culture. In addition to all of the great breweries, hiking spots, the amazing coffee, wineries and live music venues, Seattle has incredible museums. Seattle Art Museum (SAM) is one of them. It’s a shameful admission that in the two years I’ve lived in this area, I have not paid a visit to SAM, although I’ve driven and walked past it on several occasions. Hangs head in shame.
On Friday, March 13 – which happens to be my lucky day – yet another awesome event is happening at SAM. SAM Remix is a choose-your-own-adventure kind of night. The night’s activities will include:
- Dancing with equal parts deep thinker, rabble rouser, party starter, and iconoclast DJ Doc Adam.
- Exploring cultural intersections and contemporary Native culture in portraiture with Wendy Red Star .
- Creating Duchamp-inspired silhouettes with artist Alicia Betty.
- Building some absurd Rube Goldberg machines with Weber Thompson architects and Romson Bustillo.
- Experiencing the galleries in new and unexpected ways with My Favorite Things: Highly Opinionated Tours led by artists, community figures and special guests.
Although this will be my very first SAM Remix event, rumor has it that no two events are the same! So if you’ve been to a SAM Remix event before, come mix it up with me and rest of the talented people attending the event. I am also in search of a +1 – Seattle friends, if you want a chance to attend this awesome event with me, send out a tweet with how you’d begin your adventure. Be sure to tag it with #SAMRemix & include my Twitter handle: @BerrakDC.
If you aren’t going to be my plus one, I still have a treat for you. When buying your SAM Remix tickets, use code: twitterremix0313 for $5 off your ticket.