Lack of Words (I need your help)

Lately, I’ve felt like I’m having trouble with words, especially small talk. I’m on GChat all day but I hardly talk to anyone, not even my best friends.

It’s that words escape me lately, which is shocking, I know.It’s not that I’m trying to be anti-social.

There are a few factors that go into this: The stress of adjusting to starting a business, running around, not knowing what to say when my friends are going through a hard time…

But the biggest factor is that I haven’t been reading.

I’ve been blogging for the past 8 years, so it’s normal that I run out of things to blog about at times (I mean, really, my life isn’t that interesting)

I’ve found that when I’m dealing with stress, I really withdraw. That includes reading blogs. Granted, my Google Reader is out of control but one of the things that had me fall in love with blogging was the community aspect of it.

So, I’m getting back to my roots. I will be dedicating at least one hour everyday to reading others’ blogs and commenting.

I miss my community. I miss the interaction. Now, more than ever, I need to get it back.

So help me get a jump-start.

1) If you blog, link me to your latest blog post.
2) Recommend another blog post for me to read.

Also, I’ve been trying to be more interactive on my Facebook page so if you haven’t already, please like PQ Productionson Facebook.

Thanks loves and happy Monday, especially to those with a short work week 🙂

• Elliot S Volkman November 21, 2011, 11:57 am

Came for the photo 🙂 I’m actually in the same boat, but I think I keep using the grad thesis as an excuse for not reading the latest stuff and instead ancient research. My latest blog post will be on SMCDC today or tomorrowish? But I would start here: http://www.geekosystem.com/

• Berrak November 21, 2011, 12:03 pm

Yeah, I used the conference as excuse. Now that’s over, I’m using “I’m writing a book” as an excuse.

Thanks for the recommendation and good luck on your thesis!

• Anonymous November 21, 2011, 12:24 pm

It’s hard to keep up with blogs- but I think you need to read Grad Meets World. Amanda writes about freelancing a lot and I think you’d like it. http://www.gradmeetsworld.org/

• Anonymous November 21, 2011, 4:06 pm

I totally hear you on this Berrak. Often when I find that I’ve been ‘anti-social’ its because I haven’t been keeping up on my reading. Its sometimes hard to find a balance, but setting up time specifically for that is a good plan. Will definitely send new blogs your way 🙂

• Kelly Hayes November 21, 2011, 7:15 pm

I struggle to keep up with blogs unless they tweet links to their posts. So what I’m really saying is that I’m the laziest blog reader of all time. Regardless, here’s a post from Christine from u30pro that I really enjoyed: http://asseenbytine.wordpress.com/2011/11/19/out-of-the-hole/ She’s doing #NaBloPoMo so she’s been writing a lot this month. Quality stuff. Funny and honest.

• Carol Oszczakiewicz Abraham November 22, 2011, 1:39 am

I am right “there” with you…and still working on my new space.  It’s amazing how much I have forgotten.

• Katie C November 23, 2011, 12:58 pm

I’m really thankful for having a few days off fromwork and such this week…it’ll give me an opportunity to catch up on my reader! It was seriously out of control…

1. Here’s my latest blog post…but it’s not that exciting… http://rufflesandtruffles.com/2011/11/travel-in-style-and-comfort/
    2. You probably already read this, but I go back and re-read just to make myself smile sometimes… http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/

• Fanny135 November 27, 2011, 9:10 am

I hope everything will be ok for you, my friend. Sometimes, I often have the same situation as you, just do know  how to jump out of it and seek one exit.
    See my recent post about my effort on blogging:

• schengenvisa -info.eu November 27, 2011, 4:03 pm

This post is really very nice i am really very impressed here can you more share here i will back soon  as soon possible.
    Thanks for posting….

Schengen Visa

• Jaime December 20, 2011, 6:35 pm

I’ve been MIA in the blogosphere for a while now, due mostly to stress in my ‘real life’ and all.  Sometimes I still blog, but rarely.  I hate filling the world with my negative banter, and I rarely have anything nice to say.

• Lamia L June 9, 2015, 7:01 am

This is so true for bloggers, sometimes you just lack of words!