≑ Menu

Random Saturday Post

As I sit here on a gorgeous Saturday in DC with 90s pop coming through my headphones, I remember that my life is pretty good. Especially if I actually make myself get out of the apartment.

And find my favorite hat.

Because it’s the little things.

I also love that February 14th is not a big deal to me even now, in a relationship. Because we don’t need one day of the year to show our appreciation of each other.Β  That also goes for my friends. I get cute notes from my friends across the country through the year just because they were thinking of me. No special occasion except for our bond & thoughts. [February 14th might take on a whole new meaning for me this year. More on that later]

So here I sit with my favorite hat, a cup of coffee on a Saturday, loving my life.

Besides, how can I not love my life when Andrew & I have conversations like this:
“Can you grab bread for the hamburgers, mac & cheese, wings OH AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?”
“Did you smoke pot today?”
“HORMONES! HORMONES!”

And look HUSKIES!

Tell me, what’s making you smile this week?

And something COMPLETELY RANDOM ABOUT YOURSELF. Because I love getting to know you πŸ™‚

• SillyJaime February 12, 2011, 8:45 pm

I’m bored as sin, listening to Joan Jett, and trying to learn about phpBB and CSS.

What makes me smile this week? Pictures of my nephew, pictures of my family, and Hercules and Xena streaming on Netflix. Also Desperate Housewives.

• magnolia February 12, 2011, 10:59 pm

i just got back from judging a mock-trial competition for first-year law students. i love stuff like that. what makes me smile? when the kids ask me to teach them things. it’s really fun.

random thing about me: i wear flip-flops whenever possible. even in weather like this.

• Anonymous February 13, 2011, 2:09 am

That’s a great hat!

What is making me smile is that I slept 15 hours last night, I’m finally starting to feel somewhat healthy again, and we’re puppysitting, so not only is my dog next to me, a puppy is snuggled up on my feet. It’s a good life.

Random thing: I have shoes with toes, and socks with toes, and I love wearing them, even if they are a little funny looking.

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:16 pm

Oh, Mock Trial. I miss those days.

• magnolia February 12, 2011, 6:59 pm

• Anonymous February 12, 2011, 10:09 pm

That’s a great hat!

• Deidre February 13, 2011, 5:38 am

Puppies! Puppies make me happy all the time. But that’s not so much a random fact about me as it is the only fact about me that it is universally true.

I rip my toe nails off when I am stressed out – gross eh?

• Sarahh812 February 14, 2011, 5:18 pm

Random fact- I can’t eat when I wake up in the morning. can’t do it. ever since I was pregnant with Noah, mind you I never had morning sickness, but the morning nausea was fierce. It makes me I’ll. I have to wait 1 hour maybe 2 before I can start with breakfast.

PS love the hat.

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:17 pm

I’m kind of like that too.

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:16 pm

Um, owie. And yay puppies!

• Deidre February 13, 2011, 1:38 am

I rip my toe nails off when I am stressed out – gross eh?

• Liebchen February 14, 2011, 4:40 pm

This week? I’m smiling because I checked two super fun things off my goal list, which also gives me a little confidence boost. And also because we have a potential lunch date?

And random about me…I really would never wear pants if I didn’t have to. Too much? (Also, I love eating anything that I can with chopsticks. Weird, I know.)

• Mominreallife February 15, 2011, 12:02 am

Random- I collect hats from Target, more specifically fedora styles

Happy- styling my daughter for her Daddy Daughter Date

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:17 pm

I heart Fedoras.

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:16 pm

Life without pants is awesome.

• Liebchen February 14, 2011, 12:40 pm

• Sarahh812 February 14, 2011, 1:18 pm

PS love the hat.

• Mominreallife February 14, 2011, 8:02 pm

Random- I collect hats from Target, more specifically fedora styles

Happy- styling my daughter for her Daddy Daughter Date

• Jules February 15, 2011, 6:12 pm

The sun is shining in Toronto- promise of spring is in
    the air. Wonderful reason to smile!
    Random thing: my brother couldn’t say Julia when he was little so he called me
    Dolo. I’m 30 and my family still calls me that

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:17 pm

That’s a cute nickname!

• Jules February 15, 2011, 2:12 pm

The sun is shining in Toronto- promise of spring is in
    the air. Wonderful reason to smile!
    Random thing: my brother couldn’t say Julia when he was little so he called me
    Dolo. I’m 30 and my family still calls me that

• suki February 16, 2011, 7:06 am

I could eat raw fish every day…

• starzskymoon February 19, 2011, 7:02 pm

Just catching up . . .

what made me smile this week? My cute and adorable boyfriend because I was having a bad week, didn’t see him for four days and when I finally did, all my stress melted away because he’s the one person that can truly make me laugh and smile without saying a word.

Oh, and the video games help, too, when I get to shoot things and gouge people’s eyes out. HAHA.

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:18 pm

Yessssssss to video games!

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:17 pm

You have fun with that πŸ˜‰

• suki February 16, 2011, 3:06 am

I could eat raw fish every day…

• TheGirlDoes February 16, 2011, 2:36 pm

I know I’m late, but late is better than never…

This week, getting back in contact with an old friend is making me smile. Oh, and I don’t like cake. Love pie; hate cake. Is that random enough?

• Storm. Katrina Storm. February 18, 2011, 8:27 pm

although I am passionately against anyone wearing leggings as pants… I’m wearing leggings as pants.

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:18 pm

What about jeggings?

But only at home.

• Storm. Katrina Storm. February 20, 2011, 10:08 pm

Gah… I dunno… Jeggins are the devil…

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 10:27 pm

But mine are super comfy AND have back pockets.

• Storm. Katrina Storm. February 20, 2011, 10:27 pm

… oh god, They’ve sucked you in!

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 10:33 pm

ONLY when working from home. Jeggings are not to be worn outside of the perimeter.

• Storm. Katrina Storm. February 20, 2011, 10:33 pm

…Ok, I’ll allow this. only because I’m wearing gouchos right now.

• Berrak February 20, 2011, 9:18 pm

It’s never too late on my blog πŸ™‚

And yes, that is awesomely random!

• TheGirlDoes February 16, 2011, 10:36 am

I know I’m late, but late is better than never…

• Storm. Katrina Storm. February 18, 2011, 4:27 pm