This is my world. You’re just in it.

“Tragedy blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it’s still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.”Veronica Mars [AKA My new obsession]

It’s the middle of the week and I can say that things are going good.  Tonight, I go to my first soccer game [GO DC UNITED]. Tomorrow, I have an interview at a kick-ass company for an internship. [Fingers crossed please]. Next week, I start my internship at another kick-ass company. [myImpact. Check ’em out and support them!]

Oh and I started my Etsy shop. Go buy my pictures (and pimp me out, etc. I have a My Etsy tab on the PQ Productions fan page on Facebook. Speaking of, have you ‘Like’d me there yet?!)

Life is good and I’m pretty happy.  When moments of doubt overcome me, I remind myself that taking control of my life and actually doing things that I want to be doing requires patience. It won’t always be easy and working from home has its perks, as well its downfalls.  I’m attempting to take what I love doing and what I have been doing for years and turn it into a business. That, my friends, is not easy.

In addition to the task at hand being difficult, then there is the nay-sayers, and the anonymous hate comments, etc etc. [Anyone having flashbacks to our Myspace days?] Price of not being a coward I suppose.  I’ve never claimed to be super talented or super smart. Everything I’m doing, from photography to design (did you see my new blog header? COME ON OVER) to being a freelancer, is new to me. I am, however, working my ass off to make sure that I work from the ground up and get my foundation in order so it doesn’t come crumbling down on me 3 months from now. So yes, I’m an amateur and you know what? I’m not the smartest person out there.  Since day one, as long as I can remember, I have worked hard to get to the next point in my life. All that hard work earned me a scholarship, respect among my peers and coworkers and respect from people who took the time to give me a chance.

I’m not here for you. I’m here for me and for those who value my efforts, even if I don’t succeed 100% at the end.

This is my journey, my detours and my struggle to succeed. This is me working my butt off to become someone I respect.  When I look back at my life 50 years from now, I want my efforts and the fruits of my labor to stand out instead of my regrets.

This is how I choose to define my life.

Since I’m almost done with Veronica Mars [*tear*], I am looking for shows that you love, whether they’re old or new (I prefer ones on Netflix Instant, but you know). I’m currently catching up on Mad Men & Dexter as well.

I am also looking for new blogs to read…Who are some of your favorites? Enlighten me, my loves 🙂

And then I leave you with this.

• Cassie September 1, 2010, 1:54 pm

all that is well and good, BUT……THIS IS MY WORLD!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, really, I’m too damn lazy to take over the world!

never like Veronica Mars …no clue as to why…was never a Buffy or Angle fan, either….

Did you watch The Shield? How about OZ? or maybe just catch up on old Wonder Woman episodes….*sigh* I want to be her….

• PrincessQ September 1, 2010, 2:20 pm

I wasn’t a Buffy or Angel fan either…lol

My brother’s been telling me about OZ, maybe I should start on that one.

• Nanea September 1, 2010, 1:54 pm

How much do I LOVE it that you have a VMars quote at the beginning of this blog? I am OBSESSED with this show. And Logan Echolls. I love it deeply and almost inappropriately. It’s taking all of my will power not to stray from writing my manuscript and start writing epic Veronica Mars fanfiction. I can’t even tell you.

You *are* super talented. Especially if you’re getting hate comments. It’s not success unless someone starts to envy you, right? Congratulations and good luck in all your new endeavors. Will check out your Etsy.

P.S. Will message you about my site. I kinda got distracted *coughVegascough* but I’d love to get that going.

• PrincessQ September 1, 2010, 2:21 pm

I’ve actually been working on concepts for your site (downloaded fonts, brushes, etc) so I was going to get in touch with you later this week anyway 🙂

You don’t understand. I discovered it last week and I’ve been watching non-stop…and I’m pretty sure I’m going to cry when the third season is over.

• Liebchen September 1, 2010, 2:10 pm

I’m sure you’ve already seen some of these, but NCIS, Criminal Minds, Always Sunny, The League, and Eastbound and Down. (The last two only have one season, so far, I believe, so they’re very quick to watch.)

• PrincessQ September 1, 2010, 2:21 pm

Oooh, Criminal Minds does look interesting. I’ll check out the other ones as well. Thanks love 🙂

• Cassie September 1, 2010, 2:28 pm

Criminal Minds is fuckin AWESOME…and Shemar Moore in on that show….*SWOON*

• PrincessQ September 1, 2010, 3:04 pm

God, I love that man. *drool*

• Cassie September 1, 2010, 3:07 pm

BACK OFF!

I WILL CUT YOU!

lol

• Heather September 1, 2010, 2:52 pm

I’m glad you are in this for you! Can’t wait to see more in your Etsy shop. I’m always looking for new readers. I really want to change up my blog, just unsure how. As far as TV shows go, I really enjoy Men of a Certain Age, although it only has one season right now (hopefully starting a new one soon), all seasons of Arrested Development. That’s all I have for now 🙂

• PrincessQ September 1, 2010, 3:03 pm

Well darling, shoot me an email and we’ll figure out the best way to redo your blog 🙂 jordanq@thepqnation.com

And I love Arrested Development!

• Suburban Sweetheart September 1, 2010, 4:10 pm

Criminal Minds is SO worth it.

• PrincessQ September 2, 2010, 2:11 pm

Well then, Criminal Minds it is 🙂

• Squish September 1, 2010, 4:54 pm

I used to love Criminal Minds, but when we merged households (read: DVRs) it didn’t make the cut and I refuse to admit I might need another DVR…

I’m currently in love with Covert Affairs. Other staples include: Royal Pains. And Eureka. And Psych. And Burn Notice. And I’m psyched for Sons of Anarchy to return. I honestly don’t remember what all else is coming back in the fall because of how psyched I am for SoA.

Let the Haters hate. Karma’s a bitch, and she doesn’t need your name to find you.

• PrincessQ September 2, 2010, 2:12 pm

We love Covert Affairs and Royal Pains. The Boy loves Psych and Burn Notice. *I* am a Eureka FANATIC. LOL

And amen to that!

• Olga Brichto September 2, 2010, 8:26 am

In the words of Dr. Seuss: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

• PrincessQ September 2, 2010, 2:12 pm

🙂

• KT September 2, 2010, 11:27 am

I need to get into Mad Men. I keep hearing good things about it.

I have seen a few episodes of Breaking Bad and they are FANTASTIC.

• PrincessQ September 2, 2010, 2:13 pm

I just started watching Mad Men and I’m hooked.

Ooh…haven’t heard of that one. Will have to check it out!

• Skinny Dip September 7, 2010, 6:53 pm

I absolutely ADORE Veronica Mars. It’s pretty much my favorite TV show ever.

This winter I fell in love with Ugly Betty (also has lots of great one-liners) and I love the L-Word (except for the last season). I also love Dexter, Mad Men, United States of Tara, The Wire…and the list goes on.

PS. That’s great that you are doing what you’re doing. I also want to look back in 50 years and feel proud for working hard & creating something of my own. There is this saying that goes something like this “if you can’t be the best right away…be the hardest working…eventually that will translate to the best”.

• jimmy October 8, 2010, 10:51 am