The Attack of the Grey

I turn 25 in less than 48 hours. HOLY EFF.

I’m freaking out a little. Just a little…because I see grey hairs on my head yet when I look through the mirror, I see this girl who is still ready to crash at any given moment and will giggle uncontrollably at something super lame the next.

*pluck pluck*

Unfortunately, in addition to the fat-ass gene (Literally) and the just-big-enough boob gene (Actually, thanks for that), my parents have passed on some genetic gems: Grey hair that will sneakily take over my beautiful brown hair…by the time I’m 32. Possible early menopause as well. Thanks grandma! Stress…Is that even a gene? It should be. I’ve never been one to worry about age until recently. It’s like…people expect things from me now.

“Where did you go to school?”
“Oh I’m still going…I’m going for a 10 year record.”
“What do you do?”
“I twat all day. Oh you mean for a job? I deal with people throwing temper tantrums.”
“Oh are you married?”
*blank look*
“What do you want to do with your life?”
“Well, I wanted to be a lawyer…and then I wanted to have a suga daddy…the sex slave thing started to sound good for a while there. Now, I’m not so sure. Why, are you hiring?”
“So you write?”
“Technically speaking.”
“What do you write?”
*looks around…whispers* What do you need written?”

Last year, my life had derailed in this major way and I was freaking out because OHMYGOD, I had to move out and I was single and I hated guys and I was going nowhere fast.

Now I’m just going down the rabbit hole fast but at least I have a plan.

Kind of.

This was my plan last year:

So this is the year I…
Move out. Huge, if you’ve known me for longer than 5 minutes, you already know. Done and DONE.
Finish my degree? Possibly. (Ummmmmmmmm.)
Launch my business? Quite possibly. Halfway. I launched my freelance career.
Travel off the east coast? After I move out, fo’ sure. IN JUNE, I WILL. I PROMISE. But I went up north to Boston. That should count.
Publish my first book? It might just be an e-book but yes. Shit. I knew I forgot something.
Start dating? *blank stare* We’ll come back to that one. I even found me a good man.
Derail and have to rethink my plans? Most likely.
Survive? Always.
Find a reason to laugh everyday? Without a doubt.

Intimidate people by being as real as it gets? I don’t think I have a choice.
Love? Unconditionally.
Be afraid? Aren’t we all sometimes?
Make new friends, get stronger with the old ones & weed out the shit ones? Every.day.

Live? Even if it terrifies me.

I guess I should come up with a new plan, eh?

Speaking of grey hair…

And of course, this handsome devil I call my man.

• Anita March 30, 2010, 12:48 pm

Mmmmmm Clooney… *sigh* Something about gray haired men… *swoons* But bald is sexy too! Just sayin’ =D

Ah our little girl is growing up… *ducks and giggles* Seriously Sweets it has been a pleasure watching you spread your wings and fly this past year.

Much love and happiness to you.

• Liebchen March 30, 2010, 2:03 pm

I like a little salt and pepper, too. As evidenced by my own boyfriend.

And isn’t it nice to check things off the list?
    .-= Liebchen´s last blog ..Now who do I root for? =-.

• girlvaughn March 30, 2010, 2:42 pm

I started seeing grays when I was 27… at (a week into) 37 I am more than half gray, thanks to the magical invention of hair dye I’ll be bald before anyone, me included, knows how gray I *really* am.
    .-= girlvaughn´s last blog ..Water is not coffee. =-.

• MinD March 30, 2010, 4:57 pm

Not a damn thing wrong with a few grey hairs. My boyfriend has some already. He’s 27… I might even have ’em, but I dye my hair regularly so I wouldn’t have a clue anyway.
    .-= MinD´s last blog ..Ripped from the Headlines: Vol. 5 =-.

• Steph March 30, 2010, 6:24 pm

Pshhhhhhh. I found my first grey Spring of freshman year during a late night writing sesh at gelman. Yep. 18. Eff my genes! My hair is gonna be that lovely purple grey at like 40. That’s why I color em like a fiiiiiend.

• Caroline March 30, 2010, 11:19 pm

Loved this . . . you did well with the goals that you had, PQ, and the grey you provided?

I would happily accept any of them.
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Don’t Bite the Shoe that Protects You =-.

• spleeness March 31, 2010, 9:07 am

Your sweetie is such a cutie!! You’ve made much more progress on your list then I have on mine. I’m inspired now to re-visit my list and tackle it. And happy birthday, coming up!

• spleeness March 31, 2010, 9:08 am

ps. F grey. I’ve been getting greys since 19, it doesn’t mean anything. Hair dye isn’t so bad. 😉

• Suburban Sweetheart April 1, 2010, 12:03 am

Happy almost birthday! One of my good friends is salt & peppery, & he says the white ones give him wisdom. Think of it like that & it just means you’re getting smart really quickly! 🙂
    .-= Suburban Sweetheart´s last blog .."The only man a girl can trust is her daddy." =-.

• Maxie April 6, 2010, 12:24 am

Oooooo the things I’d do to gibbs.
    .-= Maxie´s last blog ..This is how you do April Fools’ Day. =-.