The Dude Abides

Last night, the missing puzzle piece in my life for the past year was revealed.

See, my roommates have a tendency to quote lines from this movie in everyday conversation…constantly. Just like I think in Friends references, they think in “Dude”

I finally watched The Big Lebowski.

And I get it.

Now?

I’m in the circle.

And I want to be Jesus. I even have the purple shoes for it.

Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!

• Liebchen March 17, 2010, 12:20 pm

“This isn’t ‘Nam, this is bowling! There are rules!”

Also, I don’t know when the next one is, but the Arlington Cinema Draft House has held a few “Big Lebowski Fests” in the past. They show the movie and people show up as their favorite character. You really could dress like Jesus.
    .-= Liebchen´s last blog ..Running on my mind =-.

• PrincessQ March 17, 2010, 12:25 pm

I think there’s also a Big Lebowski fest at the 9:30 Club…that’s what we were talking about last night and when I decided I’d be Jesus. LOL

• phampants March 17, 2010, 12:47 pm

I still don’t get that movie
    .-= phampants´s last blog ..Pham’s Asian Glow =-.

• PrincessQ March 17, 2010, 1:15 pm

*gasp*

• Lauren March 17, 2010, 12:50 pm

I haven’t seen that movie. I need to. 🙂
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..When I realized I was old… =-.

• PrincessQ March 17, 2010, 1:15 pm

YES. Yes you do.

• lbluca77 March 17, 2010, 12:51 pm

I LOVE the Dude. Sometimes I hang around in my robe at home and feel like the Dude. I loved how at the Oscars when Jeff Bridges was being interviewed and asked about his career he said “What does the Dude say? Strikes and gutters, man. That’s about it. That’s about it.” The Dud is such a wise man

• PrincessQ March 17, 2010, 1:15 pm

Yes, yes he is.

• firecracker March 17, 2010, 4:30 pm

cinematic masterpiece, that one. you’re now going to become one of those annoying people [like me] who quotes it all the time, whether appropriate or not.

what do you do for recreation?
    oh, the usual. i bowl. drive around. the occasional acid flashback.
    .-= firecracker´s last blog ..cecil beaton =-.