Push Through, Even If It Hurts*

I am what some people call…an overachiever.

If I ever made a list of 101 things I want to do, it might turn into 202 items because there is a LOT I want out of life.

But I’m also afraid that while I’m living my life, I’m putting too much stock in people. And there’s no greater pain than realizing you might not have as many people that you can call a true friend as you thought.

I’ve dealt with this pain a lot…and more so recently.

The key is to focus on the positives and not the negatives.

Easier said than done.

I’m at a really new place in my life. Over the last year, I’ve crossed off some major “To-do” items from my non-existent 101 list.

*Move out of my parents house. Took me 3 years but I finally did it.
*Let go of the toxic. Some relationships are like a drug habit. It’s hard to kick it.
*Go back to school full-time. Done. Classes start on Tuesday.
*Stop settling for unworthy men. I found a wonderful man who loves me unconditionally.
*Travel more. Started with Boston…going to Texas in June! (And possibly Cali)
*Get paid to write. Just got my first freelance job as the 20Something Relationship Examiner. Look for the info when my first article is up.
*Publish my first book. 2 months or less. It’s happening. I don’t care what anyone says. This is for ME.

So with all of these goals crossed off the list, there are a few items I have been talking about FOREVER and it’s time that they get crossed off too…because no matter how afraid I am, I need to push through the pain and not let the negative get to me.

Goals for the next 18 months:

*Finish school.
*Take the GREs.
*Get accepted to Grad school.
*Get accepted to a grad school OUT WEST.
*Move away from the East Coast. 14 years is too long to be in one place.
*Travel even more.
*Write a second book.
*Get a steady writing job.
*Stick to girlfriends who won’t bail on me 90% of the time.

Goal for the next infinite amount of hours:

Push through, even if it hurts.
Never, ever settle.

Do you have a 101 in 1001 list? How far along are you on it?

*My title is one big TWSS, as is my life.

• Cassie January 15, 2010, 3:09 pm

FUCK..that’s too many..101? no way!

I am more a try to MAYBE do something about something …PERHAPS type of person…hahahaha you Type As worry and frighten me!!

I DO want to:
    1. lose 50 lbs by Aug.(you should come to Cali THEN…just saying)
    2. get another acre or two of my land cleared by the end of the summer (this ought to be pretty easy to accomplish, as I do not plan on going anywhere all summer except for Austin and Cali and camping) lol

that’s all I want to happen at any cost…everything else is just gravy……

• PrincessQ January 15, 2010, 5:04 pm

I need to lose like 20 lbs. Oy.

• Cassie January 15, 2010, 3:14 pm

“Push through, even if it hurts.”<—-that sounds like a rapist's motto……JUST SAYIN!

lmao

• PrincessQ January 15, 2010, 5:05 pm

I know right?

• Liebchen January 15, 2010, 4:25 pm

I always try to write a 101 list, but it seems so daunting.

Regardless, those are excellent goals – and I feel you on the grad school *and* the traveling.

Good luck with all of it.

(P.S. Love the “learn to fly sign.” Obviously.)
    .-= Liebchen´s last blog ..I’m speechless =-.
    .-= Liebchen´s last blog ..I’m speechless =-.

• PrincessQ January 15, 2010, 5:06 pm

Obviously.

And yea…I sit down to write a list and every time, I just get overwhelmed and want to crawl under a rock.

• inkpuddle January 15, 2010, 5:16 pm

I like it. A lot. I make lists and then I freak out and never accomplish anything and feel like a loser and, and, and … and I would rather just make up a goal for every day when I wake up in the morning and rock it out the rest of the day.

It’s pretty fun that way, actually. Not that I don’t have the bigger goals, but for now? The wake-up-and-make-crazy-plans-while-still-half-asleep goals are making life entirely too much fun. 🙂
    .-= inkpuddle´s last blog ..And the one about the Brindle Brothers’ latest stunt =-.

• PrincessQ January 19, 2010, 12:07 pm

That’s how I am…making to do lists scare me.

• flipflopsintherain January 15, 2010, 5:25 pm
    • PrincessQ January 19, 2010, 12:07 pm

Thanks 🙂

• LA Cochran January 15, 2010, 5:32 pm

Good for you for going after what you want!
    .-= LA Cochran´s last blog .."Just Walk Away" –Kelly Clarkson =-.
    .-= LA Cochran´s last blog .."Just Walk Away" –Kelly Clarkson =-.

• PrincessQ January 19, 2010, 12:08 pm

I’m definitely trying!

• Suburban Sweetheart January 15, 2010, 6:01 pm

Such a go-getter. Teach me your ways!
    .-= Suburban Sweetheart´s last blog ..Confessions of a Cranky Would-Be Diner =-.

• PrincessQ January 19, 2010, 12:08 pm

Hmm…if I figure out whatever’s driving me, maybe I’ll write a book. Ha!

• LiLu January 15, 2010, 8:34 pm

I tried to go to college on the West Coast. The South ended up being enough of a change for me… but I wonder what would have happened if I’d ended up over there.
    .-= LiLu´s last blog ..Let’s Get Nekkid. (You, For Once, Instead of Me!) =-.
    .-= LiLu´s last blog ..Let’s Get Nekkid. (You, For Once, Instead of Me!) =-.

• PrincessQ January 19, 2010, 12:09 pm

I would’ve prob never met you, which would mean eternal sadness.

• Dre January 16, 2010, 12:58 am

Ohhh I so wanted to say TWSS….

I did my Wrong Coast stint. Arizona = not for me. San Diego I could possible deal, I went there on vacation.. Or you know if I really had my way I’d live up in a tree in the Redwood Forest… (A tree with internet.. Hmm)

I don’t have a list… I might write one tomorrow or Sunday when I’m not working or picking stuff up for school, cuz I start back same day you do. -college high-five-

• PrincessQ January 19, 2010, 12:09 pm

*college high five*

• SillyJaime January 16, 2010, 10:25 pm

I started my 101 in 1001 over a year ago on Dec 1, 2008… and I don’t even think I have half of the items crossed off.
    .-= SillyJaime´s last blog ..I LOVE…Fridays =-.
    .-= SillyJaime´s last blog ..I LOVE…Fridays =-.

• PrincessQ January 19, 2010, 12:09 pm

Well, then get to it lady 🙂

• MinD January 19, 2010, 5:42 pm

I made one of those 101 lists, and I can’t even tell you what’s on it. I’m horrible with any sort of goal list, though that one you have about girlfriends who don’t bail? Ya, I could use that one, too. =/
    .-= MinD´s last blog ..Mork & Mindy. =-.
    .-= MinD´s last blog ..Mork & Mindy. =-.

• Tabitha January 20, 2010, 9:34 pm

I have a 101 in 1001 list that I just started this past November. I’ve completed like, four things, I think, but I’m progressing on a bunch more. I definitely could’ve come up with 100 more, but I’m glad I stuck to 101 so that it feels like something I might actually be able to accomplish by August 2012.