Dear Boston, Are You Ready For This?

In 24 hours, I’ll be in BOSTON. In fact, in 24 hours, I will have been in BOSTON for over 2 hours.

Nah, I’m not excited at ALL.

Between trips to the ER and car accidents galore, I almost canceled this trip. I honestly considered it but the good people in my life have convinced me that I need it. NEEEEEEEEEEEED. And I do. I’ve been excited about this for MONTHS! See…I’ve never been off the East Coast and I’ve only been as north as Atlantic City, NJ with a day trip to NYC once. I want to TRAVEL…and I have been psyched about going to Boston forEVER.

My trip also happens to coincide with the opening of the sequel to Boondock Saints. The movie that I fell in love with long before it became mainstream. It took them 10 years to make the sequel. I am honestly torn. I’m glad that they are keeping most of the original cast but without the amazing Willem Dafoe, I fear that it will be lacking.

Good thing I can drink my sorrow away if it sucks and walk the streets of BOSTON!

It’s also my first real Halloween…I’ll actually be dressing up and celebrating so I’m psyched! Due to the circumstances mentioned above, I couldn’t afford the time or money to buy/make a costume so I borrowed a 1920’s red flapper dress from a friend, complete with all the accessories. I have yet to decide whether or not I will be wearing a black wig. You will find out from my pix next week.

It’ll also be my first time flying domestically…so that should be interesting.

I’ll be back on Sunday…but I’m sure there will be drunk twittering going on all weekend.

If I travel to where you live and you had me for a whole weekend, what would we do?

What are YOU doing for Halloween?

Where are places I HAVE to visit in Boston? (If I can find the time.)

In other news, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STEPHANIE!! The best roomie EVER!!

Steph’s on my right.

Also, LiLu is having an awesome Post Secret: TMI Edition contest…Go check out what people have submitted so far and you still have time to submit your own!

• LiLu October 29, 2009, 10:44 am

I saw the commercial for Boondock last night!!!!!!!! YAY YAY IT’S FINALLY HERE!

Thanks for the shout out 😉

• PrincessQ October 29, 2009, 10:47 am

BOONDOCK SAINTS FTW!!

But of course 😉

• Brando October 29, 2009, 10:59 am

Ha, gotta disagree on Boondock Saints! Maybe it was overhyped before I saw it but I was laughing at all the wrong parts.

Boston can be good fun–I’m partial to the Back Bay area. Should be nice in the fall!
    .-= Brando´s last blog ..Good Grief, Great Pumpkin! =-.

• PrincessQ October 29, 2009, 11:01 am

I saw it waaaaaaaay before it became mainstream…It was a cult classic and then it just got overhyped by the wrong people.

• Brando October 29, 2009, 11:02 am

Yeah–that happens with a lot of films. Maybe I need to watch it again now that my expectations have been lowered!
        .-= Brando´s last blog ..Good Grief, Great Pumpkin! =-.

• GingerMandy October 29, 2009, 11:20 am

yes, you do deserve it! wounded ass and all! have a blast, my love 🙂

• justjp October 29, 2009, 11:27 am

I am pumped for that movie! Have a great trip… I will be harassing the mean streets of Orlando in a track suit with my #tracksuitmafia
    .-= justjp´s last blog ..The New Cool Way to Date…#fail =-.

• Patrick October 29, 2009, 1:39 pm

Of course Faneuil Hall is a good place to check out- and if you need another neighborhood- The North End is cool.
    .-= Patrick´s last blog ..4 Sport Boston: In Where I Ditch A Date To Podcast =-.

• Jaime October 29, 2009, 3:59 pm

If you traveled to where I live, we could go roller skating. And eating (food is my favorite, you know). I could take you to a bars, but I don’t drink so I wouldn’t have any fun. I’s so boring. I like watching movies and playing games. And eating.
    .-= Jaime´s last blog ..lolz@ ‘not all neck’ =-.

• Lauren October 29, 2009, 4:20 pm

OMG, if you came to where me and Jaime live (we live right down the street from each other) We would totally go out to bars and Providence and we would drink our faces off, dance our asses off and we would have fun and we would get Jaime tipsy and it would be fun!

Did I mention it would be fun?!?!

Dear lord, I just got so excited just THINKING about it. <3
      .-= Lauren´s last blog ..the rest of the story… =-.

• Jaime October 29, 2009, 4:36 pm

Yeah, I love you… but I’m not going to a bar where people dance.
        .-= Jaime´s last blog ..lolz@ ‘not all neck’ =-.

• Lauren October 29, 2009, 9:02 pm

uhm…..you know I don’t need to be with other people to shake my booty miss jaime, I do that whether your supposed to or not..

heeeeyyy!!

😛
          .-= Lauren´s last blog ..the rest of the story… =-.

• Walking on Sunshine October 29, 2009, 5:51 pm

If you travelled to Toronto, we’d go see a hockey game, grab a beer and hit up my favorite bar! 🙂 Have fun in Boston! 🙂
    .-= Walking on Sunshine´s last blog ..Ellen Degeneres GIVEAWAY!!! =-.

• Suburban Sweetheart October 29, 2009, 6:09 pm

I have zero Halloween plans. Bluuuuuuurgh. HAVE FUN IN BOSTON! I’ve never been.

• BigMamaCass October 31, 2009, 2:09 am

Have a fantastic time in Boston!!!
    .-= BigMamaCass´s last blog ..A Sexy and Musical Dear So and So Letters of Intent =-.