Wait For The Timer

“You wouldn’t have liked me 3 weeks ago.”
“Probably not.”

You hear it all the time…

“There’s a right time for everything.”

“Be patient. The right time will come.”

But it’s hard to believe it, no matter how positive you try to stay, when the timing just doesn’t line up for you…ever. Nothing clicks the way people say it’s supposed to and you begin to wonder if it’s just a crock of bull that happy people tell the miserable, unfortunate ones to keep them at bay.

“It’s OK. It’ll happen for you, I promise. Now stop complaining and putting a damper on my happiness.”

You look at the glass as half-full when the pitcher is constantly being dumped on your head. As you are drenched in disappointment, you look around for someone to hand you a towel…only there are no dry towels…so you think that you’re doomed to be miserable forever.

No…you just have to wait for the dryer to finish its cycle.

If you try to stop it mid-cycle because you’re too anxious to dry up, all you’ll have is a damp towel that won’t do you any good…and you’ll have to start it all over again…washing it & waiting for it to dry…putting yourself back two steps for every half-step forward.

You’ll only come up empty handed and even more disappointed and frustrated than before.

Let the timer go off before you grab impatiently for a damp towel. A dry & warm one will be there for you when the time is right.

Trust me.

My life isn’t perfect but for once…I waited for the timer to go off…and am wrapped in a dry towel of hope soaking up the disappointments of yesteryear.

• dani September 14, 2009, 2:18 am

absolutely love this. i can totally relate. thanks for the ray of hope 🙂

• PrincessQ September 14, 2009, 11:08 am

🙂

• Squish September 14, 2009, 7:30 am

This is beautiful, and I am ganking that last pic.

• PrincessQ September 14, 2009, 11:08 am

Go for it 🙂

And thanks.

• Patrick September 14, 2009, 9:03 am

I’m glad there’s a tad of hope there to wipe away what’s been weighing you down.
    .-= Patrick´s last blog ..On Kanye West’s VMA Meltdown: Why You Shouldn’t Be Mad =-.

• PrincessQ September 14, 2009, 11:09 am

Me too…I finally had to stop and let things take their course.

• Italian Princess September 14, 2009, 11:01 am

What a beautifully written piece.

Hope…is everything.

I’m crossing my fingers for you…I hope this one treats you the way you deserve to be treated.

XO

• PrincessQ September 14, 2009, 11:10 am

It’s a combination of things but *he* is certainly a big part of it…You’re right. Hope IS everything.

xoxo

• Damaris September 14, 2009, 11:59 am

I needed this! Awesome!

• PrincessQ September 14, 2009, 3:43 pm

xoxo

• f.B September 14, 2009, 2:54 pm

and when we decide where we’d rather be, i’ve heard that we’re gonna be surprised that we were much closer all along than we thought we were
    .-= f.B´s last blog ..twentysomething =-.

• PrincessQ September 14, 2009, 3:42 pm

Funny how that works.

• Meghan September 14, 2009, 10:56 pm

Well Done doesn’t begin to describe how much this post means to my week…Patience isn’t just a virtue; its a challenge and also a gift.

You are awesome.

• PrincessQ September 16, 2009, 8:32 am

“Patience isn’t just a virtue; its a challenge and also a gift. ”

So true

• Lauren September 15, 2009, 9:42 am

I love this! 🙂
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..I LOVE…Fridays!!! =-.

• PrincessQ September 16, 2009, 8:32 am

🙂 I’m glad!

• imerika September 15, 2009, 5:33 pm

who hasn’t felt this way?

it’s like we’re always waiting for SOMETHING in our lives to change so we can be happy, but as soon as you get that SOMETHING, we find something ELSE we need to make us happy. it’s never-ending…so we might as well find joy in the journey.
    .-= imerika´s last blog ..Splitting the birth-control bill =-.

• PrincessQ September 16, 2009, 8:33 am

Exactly!

It’s about appreciating what we have when the time is right.

• BigMamaCass September 15, 2009, 5:35 pm

Oddly this made me cry. A beautiful way to say it. Thank you. I needed to hear it.
    .-= BigMamaCass´s last blog ..**UPDATED** Tone deaf Wet Dog Random Tuesday Thoughts =-.

• PrincessQ September 16, 2009, 8:33 am