≑ Menu

Shred: 10 Day Progress Report

Level 1, Day 10: Complete

As you guys know, I’ve been doing the 30 Day Shred for 10 days now…Since it has 3 levels, I decided that I would do each level for 10 days. (I KNOW MATH!). The first couple of days, it killed me…I hadn’t done a serious work out like that in years. I was surprised that I kept with it. Even if it was after midnight when I got home, the Shred got DONE.

Level 1:

The way Jillian Michaels has her workout set up is on 3-2-1 system. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs. She has two other trainers working out with her…One to do the ‘advanced’ level of the moves and if there is a modified version, the other shows you that…so that you don’t feel overwhelmed. Not all moves have modifications though so be ready to push yourself! The video starts out with dynamic stretches to get your body warmed up, including a little bit of cardio. Then the workout begins.

Have your hand weights ready!

Cardio: Jumping jacks, butt kicks, jump rope & punches (complete with squats!)
Strength: Push-ups, Squat & press, Dumbbell row, Static lunge with a bicep curl, chest flies, side lunges with a shoulder raise
Abs: Regular crunches, reverse crunches, cross crunches & bicycle crunches

You have to pay attention to the way that the moves are made so that you do NOT hurt yourself…Especially if you haven’t worked with a personal trainer before. Jillian does an excellent job of talking you through each exercise, every circuit…You don’t get to rest but with a 20 minute exercise, you can’t afford to rest.

I’ll be honest. There were a couple of days when my legs were shaking and my arms (that are already weak) couldn’t handle it but I pushed through…Maybe I did a couple of less push-ups but TRUST…I pushed through the pain.

Do everything in the order Jillian tells you, as long as you’re supposed to but do NOT push yourself.

It’s only been 10 days and I’ve already seen a huge change…I will do a follow up in 10 days when I’m done with Level 2…But the pictures won’t come until the end!!

Remember that it is NOT just exercise…I’ve started a new diet regiment…Not that I’m starving myself but I have made some changes.

Eating Special K for breakfast.
Counting calories.
Cut out alcohol & sodas.
Eating more fruit & veggies.
No Starbucks unless I’m treating myself.
Eating snacks throughout the day but only 100 calories, max. Or just veggies, straight up.

Sure, sometimes I slip up but for my first serious diet & exercise plan…On my own…I think I’m handling it pretty well!

I do encourage everyone to try out the 30 Day Shred if you are looking for a serious work out.

Oh and be ready to take a shower…as soon as the video is done. Trust me. You’ll be DRIPPING with sweat.

Level 2…Here I come!

• Ron September 1, 2009, 12:16 am

Dude, I’m proud of you.

Even if you’re sweaty πŸ™‚

Go level 2!!

xo

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 8:10 am

Whoot!! Thanks…I’m a little scared…lol

xoxo

• LivingWicked September 1, 2009, 12:48 am

If I had money, I would buy this. This would work perfectly with my work/school schedule.
    .-= LivingWicked´s last blog ..Just Be a Kid =-.

• LivingWicked September 1, 2009, 12:49 am

PS proud of you.
      .-= LivingWicked´s last blog ..Just Be a Kid =-.

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 8:11 am

Have you checked it on Amazon? I think it’s only like $10?

I know she has other videos that I’m gonna buy…maybe we can just pass them around πŸ˜‰

xoxo

• Nanea September 1, 2009, 1:26 am

Good for you! I have this DVD and love it. It really does work, as I’m sure you are finding out. I love how she says, “Pain is just fear leaving the body!” (Yeah, okay, Jillian. It’s also PAIN.)

Keep it up. πŸ™‚

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 8:11 am

I know right? She cracks me up…I never really watched her face until last night, when I was double-checking the video to make sure I got the moves right. She is hard-core!

• Carol September 1, 2009, 3:29 am

Though I can’t afford any program or gym, I can afford to get my broke, unemployed ass walking/running after I take my kids to school each day. This starts today. September 1. I have a goal, a plan…and though I will struggle bigtime til my new thyroid meds kick in, I’m starting it NOW. Because I should and because I can. Even if it’s only ten minutes and I fall apart, it’s ten minutes spent doing something I need to do for me.

Thanks for the inspirational kick in the ass.

Good gosh, got one on Court’s blog and now on yours. I shall NOT read any more blogs today. I will be productive!

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 8:12 am

Well, be sure to get some core exercises in there. There should be sample videos on Amazon of the 30 Day Shred…or I can email you a more detailed review of the video.

Good for you!! πŸ™‚

xoxo

• Mb September 1, 2009, 7:23 am

Very cool. I commented before that I’ve been thinking of checking this out. It sounds like a really balanced total body workout. Looking forward to seeing what Level 2 is like. Thanks for the review.
    .-= Mb´s last blog ..Money in the bank =-.

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 8:13 am

It is very balanced…I was surprised to see that I’ve gotten more flexible as well.

Will do a review at the end of the second 10 days…and random Tweets I’m sure πŸ™‚

• Sarah September 1, 2009, 8:36 am

I have been hearing so many good things about this workout – I might have to try it!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Bitchin’ Tuna Salad =-.

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 8:41 am

I think you’d really like it πŸ™‚

• Patrick September 1, 2009, 8:54 am

I said it on Friday- keep up the good work, you look great!
    .-= Patrick´s last blog ..My Favorite iPhone/iPod Touch Apps =-.

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 11:05 am

Thanks!

• LiLu September 1, 2009, 11:02 am

You’ve got to try Wii swordfighting. I could barely brush my teeth yesterday.
    .-= LiLu´s last blog ..In Which I Completely Forget Why I Love City Living =-.

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 11:04 am

I’d need a Wii for that.

Wii swordfight/game night in the future?

• Lauren September 1, 2009, 11:26 am

go you! That is awesome that you can stick to an at home workout. I don’t know if I could. I go to thai kickboxing now and its pretty intense like your workout but I wouldn’t be able to push myself at home. I need my sensei to watch me and push me harder.

And I believe its always ok to treat yourself every now and then while on a diet and to have slip ups. I don’t like completely denying myself anything. And the important thing is that if you do slip up not to just give up and say “my diets screwed” but to just keep going.

Keep up the good work!!! <3
    .-= Lauren ´s last blog ..game on. =-.

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 1:28 pm

It’s weird…I’m more motivated at home…I’m such a freak of nature!!

Yeah, I had a “I’ll eat two spoonfuls of Nutella, thanks a lot PMS” moment last night…lol

xoxo

• LA Cochran September 1, 2009, 12:54 pm

I actually found Level 3 a little easier than Level 2 (although still a sweatfest) because of all the stuff she does in plank position in Level 2. Your mileage may vary.

I’ve been going between the different levels because I’ve always heard it’s better to work different muscles on different days but, hell, I don’t have Jillian’s bod so listen to her, not me. πŸ™‚
    .-= LA Cochran´s last blog .."Why don’t we live together, only the two of us, we’ll learn to trust" –Barry Manilow =-.

• PrincessQ September 1, 2009, 1:27 pm

I’m a little (read: a lot) afraid of Level 2…

Once I’m through the first 30 days, I’ll probably start alternating…I definitely want to keep this up so that my body stays toned.

• On a limb with Claudia September 1, 2009, 3:12 pm

YAY!! Good job! I love that video – that and her cardio kickboxing are my favorites of hers. I’m excited for you! Congratulations!
    .-= On a limb with Claudia´s last blog ..Simply Kind Tuesdays : Week 43 : Part of the solution. =-.

• PQ September 1, 2009, 3:55 pm

I can’t wait to get her other videos. Cardio Kickboxing is at the top of my list.

• Jaime | Fast Times September 1, 2009, 3:41 pm

Dude!!! I’m so PROUD of you! Also jealous.

How long does the workout take, start to finish? I’m interested in it.
    .-= Jaime | Fast Times´s last blog ..Lose some weight, you fat dog. What?!! {NaBloPoMo 1} =-.

• PQ September 1, 2009, 3:54 pm

20 mins.

• Jaime | Fast Times September 1, 2009, 5:44 pm

20 min sounds doable…

• MinD September 1, 2009, 6:56 pm

So many other bloggers have attempted this, but you’re the only one to break it down and make me WANT to do it still. If the video were free, I’d already be shedding. Ha. But gotta wait for the cash money and will to buy it.
    .-= MinD´s last blog ..Perhaps. =-.

• tinyshrimp September 2, 2009, 9:55 am

Having worked out for the last 2 yrs I figured I would just skip the 30 Day Shred and go straight to Jillian’s other videos. OMG Girl, if you can do the full 20 minutes then I’m impressed because my videos are kicking my butt after just 10 minutes. Just goes to show that doing cardio and lifting weights are vastly different. I can’t wait to see your before and after pics. Keep up the good work.