It Goes On

There are so many people reading these words now that if you put your hand against the screen, I can promise you, no matter what time it is, no matter where you are, someone else who feels the same is doing it too.

Confession: Sometimes, I get hurt when there aren’t comments on my blogs.

True story.

Here’s why.

I began blogging 6 years ago…First on LJ and then Myspace. Those two places had one thing in common: Interaction.

I crave it. That’s why I try to end blogs with questions. I encourage the people who comment to interact with EACH OTHER.

Ideas intrigue me. Thoughts fuel me. Feelings inspire me.

I like to inspire. I like to remind people to laugh. Smile. Remember. Recognize. Feel. Love.

So I don’t have 792 readers. So I don’t get a thousand hits a day. So I don’t get emails asking me for advice.

I write because it’s my oxygen.

When I’m having a bad day, I might be more sensitive than usual to the lack of comments but it doesn’t stop me from writing. I might whine to a friend or 2 (or 5) but at the end of the day, if I don’t write, I am the one that suffocates.

And yes, I do write out everything. I do have my heart on my sleeve. I do blurt out whatever’s going through my head because I don’t want it to fester. Because at the end of the day, I’m the one that wonders.

So I throw the words out there. You either catch them or ignore them. My feelings will always belong to me. Just because I expose them to the world doesn’t mean it gives anyone the right to try to play with them…but I know you try. And that’s OK.

“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.” – Erma Bombeck

Just remember that I re-wrote the rules to the game. And whether it’s on my blog or in conversation, I choose to share myself with you…and as much as I might have my heart broken once in a while…

I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

But it’s not for everyone. And if it’s not for you, kudos to you for bowing out when you need the break instead of spewing out shit just for the sake of it.

The blogging world goes on.

So you look for patterns because that’s what humans do to try and make sense of things. In hope of some divine order. And you look in movies and songs and the things that you read for symbols, points and swirls that match your own. But the only real pattern there is, is the one you make when you hold up a mirror. And reflect.

• miss rambles July 1, 2009, 4:16 am

i feel you on the comment thing. altho i am writing for me i also wanna know my words have touched some1 out there. and i may not hve 1000 followers and so on but the few i do i REALLY appreciate and i do do my best to comment on most blogs i read but sometimes i find i hve nothing to say so i won’t comment.but i do try as often as i can.

so people may not comment but i guarentee you some1 out there has read!

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 8:07 am

Thanks!

• phampants July 1, 2009, 6:34 am

I.ve been reading your blog for awhile now. i know i may not always comment but know that do love your blog and follow you on twitter. as i type this on my phone i.m on my way to dc. hopefully we can meet up

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 8:07 am

I can’t wait to meet you. Did we ever pick a day?

• tinyshrimp July 1, 2009, 8:18 am

I may not always comment, but I always read what you right during the week (I’m rarely on line on weekends). Love ya!

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 10:26 am

Love you too 🙂

• Squish July 1, 2009, 8:53 am

I read. I can’t comment most days because I’m at work and they are “watching me” blah blah blah, so i have to be careful… but I do read.

I get the same way when people don’t comment. Especially when I KNOW they read. Reason #9876513.2165 why any and all future blogs will only be known as “mine” to a select few.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 10:40 am

I know you read…and I know you get it. Because we come from the same mindset 🙂

• Patrick July 1, 2009, 8:59 am

I understand the need for interactivity, sometimes you need to find a forum for your convesation.
    .-= Patrick´s last blog ..A Hangover Road Trip In The Country =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 10:41 am

Well, I have awesome friends so the interaction is there but when it comes to my blog, it’s a different animal.

• inkpuddle July 1, 2009, 9:32 am

I don’t usually comment because I only just remembered to add you into my reader (like, last night…) and by the time I find these “OMG, yes!” posts here, it feels a touch belated to add anything to them.

But I agree that interaction is important, even if the primary purpose of the writing is to let it out and give it a home outside of your head.
    .-= inkpuddle´s last blog ..Posting doggie bail =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 11:09 am

Well, you can always comment…there’s no late when it comes to my blogs. I go back and reply to comments 🙂

• pecosa July 1, 2009, 9:33 am

I kind of stopped commenting bcs I didn’t feel like I could interact properly. Ya know? I’m glad you blog.

Like with you, writing is my outlet. It keeps me from losing my marbles. If I blogged for comments I would have stopped doing it ages ago. It’s awesome to get feedback or props from your readers, but lack of it shouldn’t stop you.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 11:10 am

Yeah, you and I come from the same place so I know you get it. <3

• phampants July 1, 2009, 9:33 am

Thursday. i don.t know where Because i dont know dc too well. talk to franco Beans. i.ll dn my number when i have internet

• Lemmonex July 1, 2009, 9:58 am

The interaction is nice…anyone who says it doesn’t matter is a big fat liar.
    .-= Lemmonex´s last blog ..Two Point Oh =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 11:10 am

Exactly

• SassyGirl July 1, 2009, 10:02 am

I think most blog writers like the interaction, but even when we ourselves are reading other blogs, we don’t always know what to comment.
    .-= SassyGirl´s last blog ..Girl Gone Wild =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 11:12 am

I guess I get that. There are some blogs I write that really doesn’t leave much opening for comments…but when I leave blogs open for discussion, I do look for it.

• The Northerner July 1, 2009, 10:05 am

I hear ya!
    .-= The Northerner´s last blog ..Back from Vaca! =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 11:12 am

<3 Welcome back!

• Miss Tricky July 1, 2009, 10:20 am

me too!
    .-= Miss Tricky´s last blog ..Even though today started poorly…. =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 11:13 am

• justjp July 1, 2009, 10:39 am

Word! See what I did there, I became emotionally invested.
    .-= justjp´s last blog ..Gettin’ down in the kitchen with JP =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 11:13 am

LOL

You rock my socks!

• f.B July 1, 2009, 11:36 am

It’s hard. There isn’t an answer. Or maybe there is and I just don’t know about it. I check comments and stats like a fiend. But I’ve learned to understand that it’s not just how many people reply or click, but what the people who do reply say. You don’t have to reach a thousand people to be proud of yourself.
    .-= f.B´s last blog ..grunts, set, match… chauvinism? =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 12:03 pm

I think, for me, it’s when that select few isn’t around that it hits me hard.

I don’t want a 1000 people…just the ones that matter.

• Lauren July 1, 2009, 11:52 am

I always read your blog. I’m new to reading it, but I LOVE it. I try to comment and interact. I definitely need to step up my game though, interaction is the best. :O)

• Jaime July 1, 2009, 12:27 pm

I’m always sad that I get two or three comments on my daily blogs. Sometimes four if I’m lucky. It makes me feel bad about my writing, but I try and remind myself that there are blogs I read daily that I DON’T comment on, so I hope that there are people that read what I write every day and enjoy it but don’t comment. That’s what I hope, anyway. It’s very discouraging when you feel like no one is reading your blogs. Makes you wonder why you even bother. :
    .-= Jaime´s last blog ..Blogging For Dollars (sounds like some kind of competition lol) =-.

• PQ July 1, 2009, 2:12 pm

I read everyday. <3

• Jaime July 1, 2009, 2:37 pm

Thank you Princess. I read yours every day too. I might not comment all the time, but I always read.

• GingerMandy July 1, 2009, 12:45 pm

Have i ever told you how much i adore/love you? because it’s a whole lot. don’t ever stop writing. 🙂
    .-= GingerMandy´s last blog ..This post consists of ATM, too. =-.

• PQ July 1, 2009, 2:12 pm

Thanks love!

• Maxie July 1, 2009, 2:25 pm

I think it’s a really normal feeling to care about comments. I’m not sure how you’ve made it 6 years though. I’m pretty sure I’ll be burnt out by then.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 3:01 pm

I love it…I thrived on it. The only time I burn out is if there is drama…which thankfully, there isn’t here.

• LiLu July 1, 2009, 2:41 pm

I hear ya, hon. Whether I get 2 or 20 or 200, my heart jumps a bit every time I see a new comment. It’s good to know that people care. And we do. 🙂

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 3:01 pm

I know. I heart you for it 🙂

• MinD July 1, 2009, 4:25 pm

I doubt most of us would blog if we didn’t like the possibility of interaction. It only saddens me to get no comments when I think what I’ve written is actually an important or meaningful topic. When nobody – or hardly anybody – says something, it makes me a bit sad. Not because nobody cared enough to comment, but because nobody else cared about something I found vital.
    .-= MinD´s last blog ..Twinkle, twinkle, little star. =-.

• PrincessQ July 1, 2009, 4:27 pm

Exactly.

• Alice July 2, 2009, 10:44 am

i secretly think that bloggers who say they write 100% for themselves and don’t care if they have readers or comments are lying. because if that were true, they wouldn’t publish their writing in a public forum.

i write because i love the interaction with my online (and now real life!) people. 🙂