I Could Be A Spy…

Last night, Dmbosstone & I took advantage of Community Nights at the International Spy Museum. I’ve been wanting to go to the ISM since it opened but never had the opportunity so when I saw the free admission, I jumped at the opportunity. I was glad to have an awesome companion, even if he didn’t memorize his secret identity and ruined the mission. RUINED!

I’m a total nerd and I love places like the ISM…I’ll sit there and read everything about everything and be impressed and crave to learn MORE. I could’ve probably spent a longer time in the museum if I wasn’t so tired from rock climbing the night before. We did watch one of the special movies so I could rest my feet…and it was about intelligence in the 21st Century. There were a lot of mentions of ninjas which immediately made me think of f.B..

There was a lot of cool stuff and I might go back again when I can more time and maybe…maybe I’ll keep my secret identity this time. I think I’d like to be interrogated by the men in the black suits and let them try to penetrate my iron curtain.

At the end of the the exhibit is the ISM bookstore. OHHHHHHHHH. BOOKS!! ABOUT SPIES!! AND HISTORY!! AND WWII!!! (If you don’t know, I’m sort of, kind of obsessed about WWII and the Holocaust…I was kind of giddy about the fact that in the “Spies getting caught” section, they referenced the cyanide that Hermann Göring swallowed in his cell during the Nuremberg Trials)…I had to keep myself from buying a bunch of books. *drool* BOOOOOOOOOOKS! *ahem*

After we were done with the museum, we were both hungry so Dmbosstone and I walked around Chinatown (My first time there ever) and figured out what we wanted to eat. There was a Beyonce concert last night at the Verizon Center so there were a lot of white girls who think they’re Beyonce running around…We ended up grabbing dinner at Fado…and just hanging out and talking for a while. Quirky as he is, Dmbosstone is a pretty good date 😉

So I loved hanging out at the Museum and since I’m new to the city…I need suggestions on what I should be doing, where I should visit and why…So come on DC lovers…Guide me!

**If you’re interested in checking out the International Spy Museum for free, check out their community nights, every Wednesday from 5-9 PM. You will need to reserve tickets in advance.”

• Rachel June 25, 2009, 1:45 pm

He is pretty awesome date isn’t he? Personally, I’m a big fan of the Modern wing of the National Gallery when I need a day alone wandering around with my iPod. Also the Newseum is worth checking out when you have a full day and a spare $20 lying around. The Corchoran usually has some pretty great special exhibits, but you have to be watching for them, cause their permenant collection kind of blows. But I’ve seen some fantastic photography exhibits there, including Richard Avedon and Annie Leibovitz.
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Most. Depressing. Convo. EVER. =-.

• PQ June 25, 2009, 7:30 pm

I’ve been DYING to go to the Newseum…Thanks!!

• f.B June 25, 2009, 1:54 pm

Oh, man. You have made my LIFE by saying that when you think “ninjas” you think of me. Man, that’s awesome… and accurate.
    .-= f.B´s last blog ..it’s not us, it’s you =-.

• PQ June 25, 2009, 7:31 pm

I mean it. The second I see ‘ninja’, I think f.B.

• 12minds June 25, 2009, 2:00 pm

Two random museums a bit off the beaten path are the Phillips Collection and the Textile Museum, if memory serves they’re both in Dupont (though I’m not sure about the latter). If you’re on the mall, proper, then I’m a huuuge fan of the National Gallery. In the basement of the main building there are a couple of Rodain pieces (the ballerina works and The Thinker) that are worth the trip alone. Their 1400-1800s European art collection is impressive as well as their collection of Impressionist painters. Also, during the summer there are a number of seminars and critiques that are absolutely fascinating. And then on Friday nights they have Jazz in the sculpture garden.

I’ve heard fantastic things about the National Building Museum but I’ve never been myself.
    .-= 12minds´s last blog ..Protest Too Much [1] =-.

• PQ June 25, 2009, 7:32 pm

Textile Museum? That sounds super interesting actually. I definitely want to check out the Galleries…

Thanks for the tips!!

• phampants June 25, 2009, 2:29 pm

So what was your secret spy name and mission? No worries, I’m a spy too. You can tell me.

• PQ June 25, 2009, 7:32 pm

Pfft. What do you think I am, an amateur?

• LiLu June 25, 2009, 4:01 pm

F.B. is the ninja-est of ninjas. No denying that. I’ve seen the dance moves.
    .-= LiLu´s last blog ..TMI Thursday: WAR PAINT. =-.

• PQ June 25, 2009, 7:32 pm

I still need to see the dance moves.

• Patrick June 25, 2009, 4:56 pm

I’m not just a good date- I’m a great date.

• PQ June 25, 2009, 7:33 pm

Yes…yes you are!

• MinD June 25, 2009, 5:22 pm

A spy museum? I had no idea such a place existed, but sounds fascinating. I’ll have to check it out next time I head that direction.
    .-= MinD´s last blog ..Take your dog to work day! =-.

• PQ June 25, 2009, 7:33 pm

Yeah, it’s actually pretty cool museum.

• Lusty Reader June 25, 2009, 9:25 pm

have you been lurking inside my head? “I had to keep myself from buying a bunch of books. *drool* BOOOOOOOOOOKS! *ahem*”

is a direct quote of my thoughts PQ!

• PQ June 25, 2009, 10:43 pm

Yeah…I’m not allowed to go in bookstores. I hadn’t bought a book in over 6 months until the other day when I went into get the new Koontz books…and only walked out with two other ones.

• lemmonex June 25, 2009, 10:59 pm

Well, you know my suggestions are food related.

I guess “DC” places are Old Ebbitt and Ben’s Chilli Bowl, but nothing makes me happier than Cashions or 2 Amys.

• PQ June 25, 2009, 11:15 pm

Well, you should take me to those place 😛

You already know what I want to do with you guys 🙂

• Malnurtured Snay June 25, 2009, 11:00 pm

Exorcist Stairs! Make sure to watch the movie beforehand.

The Zoo? The Smithsonian museums? (All of them?) Library of Congress? Capitol tour? Long urban hikes? Day trip to Baltimore to visit the National Aquarium?

• PQ June 25, 2009, 11:16 pm

OH!!!!! I totally forgot about the Exorcist Stairs! Thank you!!

• justjp June 26, 2009, 2:43 pm

I own a black suit. Just sayin’
    .-= justjp´s last blog ..Dating Effectively =-.