Summertime

I’ve always been a sunshine girl. I love my hoodies in the winter but when summer comes around, it makes me feel pretty and alive. There are things I love about summer that make it the best season for me (As long as I’m feeling confident)

Things I love about the summer:

THE BEACH!!! Who doesn’t love a slice of paradise, even if it’s for a week? I’m a little spoiled…I vacationed on the Aegean for 10 years and every year, I go to the beach, even if it’s just for a weekend. That might not seem much but for someone that doesn’t really “do” vacation, I love the beach whenever I go, even if it’s for a day.

FLIP FLOPS!! Seriously, any girl that does not love wearing flip flops in the summer is INSANE. Working in the city, especially, flip flops have become my BEST FRIEND under my skirts…get them in every color, ain’t nothing better!

PRETTY SHOES! OK, on the other side of the coin are my high heeled sandals that I LOVE WEARING in the summer. In fact, I’m wearing my favorite pair today, which makes me feel SO good. I’m all about comfort and sneakers in the winter but in the summer, when I wear my skirts and dresses, it’s all about the heels baby. I only recently became a shoe whore (In the last 2 years or so) and my “hooker” shoes as my best friends call ’em are my FAVORITE! *Clicky clack* on the sidewalks of DC is my favorite sound of the summer.

PRETTY CLOTHES!
OK, I’m not a total girly girl by ANY means but when it comes to summer, I love my big skirts and the nice button shirts or a pretty dress that’s not too short. Combine that with my heels and yeah, I can be a bit of a girly girl but who wants to wear pants in 85 degree weather?

SMOOTHIES! OK, so I’m a smoothie freak all year round but they’re ESPECIALLY awesome in the summer…I drink a lot LESS coffee in the summer and prefer smoothies to Starbucks frappacinos. Hmmm…ice cream and fruit…is there anything better?

DRIVING FAST WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN! How could I forget THIS? Especially with the sunroof, summer is the time to blast music and sing at the top of my lungs while driving down the highway

I should have more but I can’t think of any right now…if I do, I’ll add ’em…

I have a feeling this summer will be better than I expected…Tell me, what are YOUR favorite things about summer? Favorite summer memories?

• Meghan May 11, 2009, 7:55 am

I love pedicures, flip flops, and lazing around on a boat in Boston Harbor, Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket. Plus my roofdeck and beers with the girls looking over the Boston skyline!

• Miss Tricky May 11, 2009, 8:33 am

Drinking outside. nuff said.

Miss Tricky’s last blog post..Dear mom,

• Lemmonex May 11, 2009, 8:59 am

OK, those lucite heels are insane. Please don’t climb on the pole. There are better ways to make money.

Lemmonex’s last blog post..In Cash We Trust Cause It’s Ghetto Fabulous

• Tinyshrimp May 11, 2009, 9:08 am

I love the summer too. Volleyball, high heels, flip flops, wakeboarding, shorts, short skirts, swimming, tans, and soooo much more.

• LiLu May 11, 2009, 12:36 pm

Those shoes are perfect for the phrase “shoe whore”…

LiLu’s last blog post..A Perfectly Scrumptious (Cough, Cough) Weekend

• f.B May 11, 2009, 1:07 pm

1. I miss the Fresh Prince. Will Smith is a totally different artist.

2. I outdoor drink like a champion.

3. Maybe I should bring back the flat top fade Will is rocking in that video. Or maybe a Gumby lean…

f.B’s last blog post..the final frontier…

• topsurf May 11, 2009, 1:53 pm

YES! I love my flip flops. Triple love that video my favorite all time Will Smith song. Nice post, now I am officially ready for summer!

• LivingWicked May 11, 2009, 2:25 pm

I am sooooo o o o waiting for summer. I love picnics and late evening walks.

LivingWicked’s last blog post..F-UPS Take 2 (and YGWM)

• Jaime @ Fast Times May 11, 2009, 4:20 pm

Summer makes me feel alive, too. I hate the beach, but I LOOOOOOVE flip flops (I wear them year round). Love driving with the windows down, with some ridiculous music playing (read: J-pop or Hanson lolz). I wear the same clothes year round, too, just like flip flops. I wear tank tops and jeans year round, but in the winter I don’t have to wear extra layers. I hate layers.

I love summertime. I love playing catch at the park with my dad. I love chicken on the grill at family birthday parties (read: mine). I love playing badminton and volleyball with my family and sitting in my car at night with the windows down. I love having the windows in my house open to let fresh air in. I love things that are light and bright, and summer is full of all things that are good!

Jaime @ Fast Times’s last blog post..Star Trek: The New Old Generation **SPOILERS**

• Cassie May 11, 2009, 6:57 pm

my favorite about summer……it’s not cold!!!!