Thursday Thirteen: More Ramblings

Last night, I asked my Twitter & Facebook friends to give me ideas for Thursday Thirteen…and they gave me some awesome ones…which will be used at a later date. I will not share them here because I don’t want anyone stealing them.

I’m kind of a blog snob that way.

Anyshit. I would do a…not so random T13 only if I didn’t have all these half assed thoughts that would require too much energy to expand into a blog so I’ll brain-dump them here.

You know you love it.

A) (Oh yeah, I’m going with the letters today) I have two wisdom teeth coming in. Both on the left side. Right next to a tooth that needs a root canal. Oh yeah…the pain is awesome!

B) I have a confession to make. I get upset with my friends a lot but I don’t tell them. The reason? If you are careless with your typing, grammar & spelling when we talk on IM, through email or if you write a blog. I physically cringe and twitch if I’m having a conversation and the person makes absolutely ridiculous mistakes. I want to reach out to their computer and fix it myself. Yes, I’m a bitch but damn it, grown ass people typing like a foreign teenager who just landed in the US 15 minutes ago are just a huge pet peeve to me.

C) Due to the OCD that I have, when reading a book or an article, I AM that person that notices the mistakes and finds herself with the need to contact the author and/or editor. I haven’t done this yet…but I’m sure I will…At some point in my life.

D) I’m also the ridiculous person who will do such a thing as…*sigh* reply to Ashton Kutcher on Twitter and attempt to get in a debate about global warming…As if he’ll notice my tweet out of the 10000 that follow him. (Side note: When I think Ashton Kutcher, I automatically think Kelso from That 70s Show and hear Kelso say the things that Ashton Tweets…It’s quite interesting and entertaining actually.)

E) I’ve gained 10 lbs. This is disturbing to me because Thunder Thighs are back with a vengeance.

F) I love my long hair. I love my long hair. I love my…ohhhhhhh maybe I should chop it off….No! It’s pretty. Leave it.

G) I have an obsession with icons…if…you haven’t noticed.

H) I think in Friends references. I even make Friends references in conversation…People don’t always pick up on them…except when they do (Like Nirmal did Friday night) in which case they tell me to never.do.that.again.

I) I’ve always wanted to be a dancer. When I watch movies like Step Up or Take the Lead, I do so with yearning. I’m going to be that 30 year old in a ballroom dancing class with high school students. Just watch.

J) I AM that girl that doesn’t notice that guys are checking her out…Ever. Unless they’re REALLY obvious about it.

K) I still want to try stand-up. Who’ll come and support me at the Improv?

L) I’ve recently become the girl who loves her big sunglasses.

M) I found my old NSync and 98 Degrees CDs the other day. Yes. I put the songs on my iPod. Don’t judge me.

• Jaime March 12, 2009, 9:19 am

Please, N’Sync and 98 Degrees have honorary spots on my iPod right next to Backstreet Boys, Miss Britney Spears, and other rather large pop singers of my high school years.

Um, I’ll come support you the Improv. I just don’t know where it is…

• Miss Tricky March 12, 2009, 9:20 am

Okay I am starting to freak out.
    B&C totally! Except then I realize that I have days when I just can’t type anything correctly and then I sternly reprimand myself for being so persnkickety and promise to never do it again. which never works.

H 90% of my everyday conversation is movie quotes, it’s just how I talk, but I get really excited if someone catches it.

J- preach!
    L-it’s about time, embrace the bug eyes!
    K- I will make that trip, what is it 3 or 4 hours?

M- Bye. Bye,Bye is one of the greatest songs ever recorded.

It’s nice to have company in my head.

• I-66 March 12, 2009, 9:20 am

I’m not going to judge you for the music, but Ashton Kutcher on the other hand…

• Cassie March 12, 2009, 9:33 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the big sunglasses! I know I’m fighting a losing battle, I just don’t like them!!

My typing skills must REALLY upset you then, huh?

and *cough*I haven’t noticed any icon problems*cough*

• Miss Tricky March 12, 2009, 9:36 am

see? “nice to have “SO” company in my head?!?!?

just fucking shoot me.

• tinyshrimp March 12, 2009, 9:39 am

-I love your long hair too! Don’t you dare cut it.

-Our IMs must drive you insane. LMAO

-I would looooove to be a dancer too. Unfortunately I was born with 2 left feet.

-I would definitely watch you at the Improv. I would be the one in back heckling you.

• pecosa March 12, 2009, 9:50 am

C) I don’t contact editors, the article just loses credibility for me.
    E) pshaw
    F) Don’t cut it. It looks gorge.
    I) I still dream of going to Julliard. le sigh…
    and yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! for L!!!!

• perpstu March 12, 2009, 10:31 am

First, I would come and see you, your beautiful hair and your tiny “thunder thighs” at the Improv any time.
    Second, if you take ballroom dancing when you’re 30, you will still be the youngest person in the room by 30 years.
    Third, I will not and cannot judge you as I have ‘NSync on my iPhone. I.cannot.believe.I.just.admitted.that. *blibk blink*

ROFL! XOXOXO

• f.B March 12, 2009, 10:58 am

I’ll be there. DC Improv? Or Washington Improv Theater?

• susan March 12, 2009, 11:07 am

I would be the brat that would have typos on purpose just to piss people like you off. Actually when I know I can not spell and use spell check when its avaliable, and I am aware of my grammer for the most part. Its when there is no spell check that I get the “you know what I am trying to say why should I fix it” mentality. Or its something that I am tired and type the letters in the wrong order and I find it more annoing to see
    bcaues. *vecause **becaus ***because , when I know they mean because and they know I know they mean because and they are clearly tired or just having issues that day.

As for 98 degrees I found I liked them better when I was younger and I am not sure why. I popped the Cd in my car the other day and was just kind of like EWwww i liked this?

Now for your 10lb weight gain. I think that although I’ve only seen pictures of your face, that even if you gained 30 more lbs that you would STILL be thinner then I am and still very pritty.

• WickedCourtni March 12, 2009, 12:56 pm

I hate blogsnobs.

• LiLu March 12, 2009, 1:01 pm

I totally think in Seinfeld and Arrested Development references. Recently Always Sunny in Philly as well, which is more awkward because no one knows it and I’ll just suddenly be all

“DEE!! YOU JUST GAVE THAT BABY FULL BLOWN AIDS!!!”

Great party trick.