Sinful Princess: Gluttony

The GLUTTONY victim was forced to lie face down in food while he ate continuously, as in the Third Circle of Hell where those guilty of Gluttony are forced to lie face down in mud, in continuous cold rain while eating their own excrement.

Food. I fucking love food. As much as I love food though, gluttony will never be something that will cause me to go to hell. Now the other 6 sins? Heh.

Food…Hmm…Maybe the reason I’m not overindulging comes from the fact that Ramadan is a part of my religion and I’ve been fasting for one month a year since I was 10. Or maybe it’s because I ate all the junk food in middle school & was a little chubby but still cute…OR maybe it’s because I had an eating disorder twice in my life.

Maybe it’s simply because I know that once my body says “STOP”…I stop eating. It’s about self-control, which is the root of a lot of problems in today’s society. Overindulgence. Focusing on the physical desires & forgetting the reality of life…the deeper meanings of everyday happenings around us.

We’re also a society of BIGGER, BETTER, FASTER (But only at the drive through, not on the treadmill).

Super size me! No no, large fries aren’t enough. GIVE ME MORE! My body can’t take anymore but that’s OK…I’ll force it down & burp it out with my extra soda! Everyone’s doing it! Come on…It’s there. So why not?

Because we don’t pay attention to our own body, we also forget about our children. Did you know that between 16 and 33% of our children and teens are obese? It’s because we don’t teach them about self control and overindulgence. Have a problem? Have a treat. Granted, obesity can be caused by biological/genetic factors but statistics show that less than 1% of all obesity is caused by these factors.

Gluttony may be a sin but the results of it is a problem now, here on Earth, affecting our daily life & our children, our future, our health.

We take comfort in food, which is OK in moderation but if you’re having that Ben & Jerry’s every night after eleven or supersizing your meals at the drive through…Well, you can’t really complain about your weight, now can you?

So, as a Princess who can down fajitas & fries at lunch yet still remain at 145 without exercising or dieting…I’m telling you that gluttony is NOT a sin that you want to go down for…

Besides….guys…do you really want to miss seeing your dick first thing in the morning? And remember, if you have to call the construction crew to knock down a wall before you call an ambulance for a heart attack…you might be fat.

Gluttony? So not worth it. Give me Lust any day…

Thoughts? Stories? Favorite foods?

I already wrote about Wrath…What should be the next sin?

• Cassie January 13, 2009, 8:58 am

Gluttony is only half of today’s youth’s problem…..the other half being Sloth. Eating much can be ok, as long as the exercise is there to do away with it.

• perpstu January 13, 2009, 9:10 am

You just wait until you hit 30. Then the pounds pile on…GGGRRRRR! But you are right, Americans are fat, lazy and need to get off their tushes and move a little bit. Then they can have the extra fries!

XOXOXO

• +elizabeth+ January 13, 2009, 11:13 am

People in the UK make fun of how fat Americans are. What is interesting to me is the amount of fish and chips and fried foods they eat in the UK and no one is fat….I think that is because you have to walk everywhere you go.

Maybe there is some truth to what the other poster says about Sloth….

• Meghan January 13, 2009, 11:42 am

*puts down bowl of homemade chicken and dumplins*

• Squish January 13, 2009, 1:55 pm

I love food. Alot….But not to that point.

And I’m with the others, I think Sloth is more the issue than gluttony. I’d blame video games, but that seems so cliche… meh.

• MikeC January 13, 2009, 3:04 pm

I wish parents would not blame McD’s and Burger King for their kids obesity. There seriously toooo many people who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. We live in a sue happy nation. Be prepared to be sued at any moment. Put down the burger and run.

I love food. Food tastes good. But there is a point to stop.

• Sue January 14, 2009, 2:46 pm

I think food-wise everything is ok in moderation. Granted I’m one of those people that goes up and down in weight like a yo-yo.

• L.L. January 15, 2009, 5:19 pm

I love food too. I have no self control. I also believe kids are fat because their parents are fat. People are too lazy and are eating too much, and it’s always someone else’s fault. Why does school have to be the only place for your kid to be active?

I also think today’s parents are so afraid of the world, they confine their kids in the house to their TVs and video games, instead of being outside, in the park, running around and riding bikes. It’s crazy!!