They Love to Tell You to Stay Inside the Lines

I have no real blog for today. I was working on the site so much last night that I think my blogging mechanism was shorted out and the coding mechanism took over.

I have a few random thoughts and who knows, maybe by the end of the blog, I’ll have new year resolutions.

There’s something about gas station hot chocolate. When I went to get gas this morning, I just needed something warm so I grabbed some hot chocolate. It sure brought back memories. When I was in high school, I used to love going to the gas station across the street for some hot chocolate before school. Such defiance! Our senior year, my best friend Jackie and I started going to Dunkin Donuts for bagels and hot chocolate almost every morning before class. We had a great routine down…as we did throughout our entire friendship. I think about the good times a lot lately…and wonder how she’s doing. Maybe the first thing I should do in 2009 is send her an email? I hate how we drifted apart when I was dealing with my demons. We were inseparable through high school and the first couple of years of college…I don’t believe that we grew apart. It was me that just grew away from everyone and the distance didn’t help.

Going from being stuck at the hip and being able to see friends everyday to being so separated from everyone definitely made its impact on me. When I started college, I didn’t make many connections. Being a commuter and feeling like an outsider really didn’t encourage me to make friends.

I think I want that to change. Last night, there was a commercial on TV for…a phone company? Either way, it was people ice skating. I told my dad that I want to go ice skating. He told me that there should be a rink near our house. Then I turned to him and said

“I want friends”

He called me a dork but something in his voice told me that he knew exactly what I meant.

I’m tired of being on the outside looking in. I want to make more connections with people I can actually hang out with rather than those who are halfway across the country. This isn’t me saying I don’t love my friends…because I do. But I’m at a point in my life where I need to be making memories…physically.

I’m starting classes on the 12th…I’m a little nervous. I want to make connections but like Leandra said today…I have to talk to people. We just talked yesterday about how I can be shy. I wonder if I’ll try to make connections and feel completely dejected if I get really shy…and revert back to my shell again. I promise I’ll do my best to make an effort. Being in a work environment with people that I can relate to has helped a little…but I still feel awkward sometimes.

Everyone tells me 2009 is supposed to my year. Maybe I should set goals for myself to make it so…

In 2009, I need to:

** Complete my degree. Or at least take as many classes I can to move forward.
** Be more outgoing. Don’t let what happens at home impact how I am outside.
** Put myself first more often. Remember that my feelings count too.
** Be better with money. Pay off as much debt as I can and start saving.
** Write more. Write with variety. Push my limits.
** Don’t let one person monopolize my time, thoughts and feelings.
** Smile more.
** Be healthier.
** Take care of my appearance more than I do.
** Go after what I want.
** Not let the past demons sneak up and impact my future.

What are your goals for 2009?

**When you are done here, don’t forget to visit Wicked’s blog and tell her your Best & Worst Moments of 2008! **

• LivingWicked December 30, 2008, 1:09 pm

I am blogging my goals etc. 😉

I love the look so far. I cannot WAIT til it is finished.

• Damaris December 30, 2008, 1:33 pm

My #1 goal for 2009…

BE HAPPY… at any and all costs!!

# 2
    Do well in school!!!

That’s about all I’ve got for now!
    MUAH!

• Pineapple December 30, 2008, 1:44 pm

My goals are;

1. stay focused on school. I’ve been doing pretty good so far, I just need to keep my eye on the prize and stay focused.

2. firm my body up a little. Sitting in class, eating convince food, and sitting while studying has turned me into a jigglypuff.

3. eat healthier. I used to eat very well, now I live on crap. I need to start paying more attention to what I put in my body again.

• Cassie December 30, 2008, 7:03 pm

SHIT, I was the poeter child for shy. I just quit caring WTF people thought of me. Words of people that do not even know me cannot hurt me. If ‘you’ don’t like me, fuck it, I’ll move on.

You don’t have to worry about it. There will always be those that love you! So, set a goal to make new friends, but don’t let it stress you!! LOL

AND, in 2009 if we get to meet (I hope, I hope I hope) you betta not act all fuckin shy!!!

my goals for 2009….live everyday the best that I can!!!

• Tinyshrimp December 30, 2008, 7:13 pm

I don’t do NY Resolutions, but these are the things I would like to do:

-To start visiting the sick and elderly from church at least one day a week
    -To decided whether or not I am going to move to WA
    -Spend more time with my Mother while I have the chance
    -Get back into the gym….two months off is waaaaayyyy too long

• Squish December 30, 2008, 7:53 pm

I’m blogging my list tomorrow.

There’s a lot of similarity between yours and mine.

• bethany December 30, 2008, 8:03 pm

My goal for the New Year include really concentrating on writing and seriously working on at least one of the ideas I have for a novel… (I have about three or four), two of which are mapped out on paper….)

Getting my head on straight, realizing that parents don’t always know what their doing or saying… or how hurtful they are….

…And continuing to fall in love….

• Ron December 30, 2008, 10:47 pm

I resolve to try to see the big picture before getting caught up in the details.

That and a few road trips to burn up vacation and meet some online friends in person. 🙂

xo

• Sarahh December 31, 2008, 1:30 am

Is it wrong that for breakfast in HS, I had a black cup of coffee, a marlboro light, and a snack cake??

I mean, I was an over achiever. And by that, I mean I skipped a lot and got away with it.

Love the new look woman. Told you I would come by. 😉

• Cassie December 31, 2008, 3:27 am

PA
    SHAW

how do you think I’d try to ‘draw’ you out?

A.L.C.O.H.O.L.

• C-L-T December 31, 2008, 7:54 am

Site looks great with the new digs. Totally blogged on my rezi’s a day or so ago. Just posted a newbie on looking back at 08.

As far as socializing, I make it a goal to get a name, a conversation, and a new connection each day, 1 in 24 hours, so the odds are good.

Good luck and all my love baby!

Cheers,
    CLT

• Loretta December 31, 2008, 2:57 pm

I am still working on pulling together my goals for 2009. I’m currently looking back on 2008. Today I am reviewing the WTF moments, tomorrow I’ll be thankful for the good times. By Friday I hoe to hae my goals ready. To me the New Year really starts on Monday since I’m still on vacation.

I hope you have a safe and happy New year!

• +elizabeth+ January 5, 2009, 9:36 pm