Owning Your Words

Bitch. Slut. Hussy.Whore.Dork.Nerd.Spazz.

These are all terms of affection that my friends have used for me. Warms your heart, don’t it? My friends and I have an understanding and that understanding is that the words that we use don’t matter. Words are taboo only because we impose that taboo meaning on them.

Behind every word flows energy. If you use your words to gossip or babble about what you are going to do before you do it, then you are siphoning off the energy needed to actually do the work. Your words become an energy leak. ~ Sonia Choquette

In addition to words, what people fail to realize is that we have to own our own faults so that we don’t give other people ammunition to put us down. Why do you guys it’s so easy for me to let things roll off my back when someone says something stupid and hateful about me?

You want to call me an attention whore? Uh ok…Why don’t you go back and read half of my blogs where I CALL MYSELF an attention whore. Sorry. You have to be more original than THAT.

You think I’m obnoxious? Uh hello? OK. Again. That’s a duh factor.

I know that there are some people out there who think that by referring to myself as a bitch, I’m demeaning myself when I believe it’s quite the opposite. I’m taking away the negative power of the word to use it the way I want to. I do have bitchy moments. I do have moments where I act like a hussy. An attention whore…I could go on. The point is to own yourself…accept your flaws and turn them into a positive.

Take the ammunition and power away from other people.

I talk a lot, so I tell my friends to always have their excedrin with them.
I have big feet. A big ass. I get hyper and loud a lot. I’m insecure and needy. I’m obnoxious.

So? I know I’m all of these things but I’m not JUST these things.

I accept EVERYTHING that I am, and own up to them. That way, whatever other people may say to me don’t matter because I already know. I know what I see when I look in the mirror and that’s all that matters.

Of course, with that said…I might call my best friend a cuntface but no one can even look at her the wrong way or they’ll have their balls in a jar.

Our thoughts and assumptions take over our lives. We are what we think. The FEELING behind our words represent the meaning…not the other way around. — PQ

So take a look in the mirror, figure it out your flaws and your strengths…and OWN THEM. Don’t give ANYONE ELSE power over YOU. Own that ponytail girls

What will YOU own about YOU today?

• Ryhen Satch December 8, 2008, 8:39 am

would it be ok if I call you lovely? =)

Ryhen Satch’s last blog post..Virtual Synapses Book Bazaar

• Miss Attitude December 8, 2008, 8:51 am

Right on sister!
    Well, except for the C-U-Next-Tuesday-face one… just don’t dig on using that word..

• Miss Attitude December 8, 2008, 8:59 am

Well, I guess I’m owning that sometimes I have to take care of me first– and not worry about pleasing other people so damn much. So if you call me selfish, well than selfish I am!

Miss Attitude’s last blog post..Thankyouverymuch! My next Starbucks visit will be better

• Squish December 8, 2008, 9:46 am

I am owning my malice and snark and whiny-ness. A girl’s allowed to have a bad day or four, and life isn’t always pretty.

And right now I am taking joy in my bitchiness. I minimize my contact with the people who matter because of it, but everyone else is fair game and I am taking no prisoners.

lalalala

Squish’s last blog post..Where are you going?

• pecosa December 8, 2008, 10:02 am

I am owning my narcissistic ways. I’m fabulous today and I intend that to be projected. I know I’ll be called a bitch, an attention whore and stuck up, but I couldn’t care less. Bitches gonna hate no matter what.

• Kelly December 8, 2008, 11:15 am

I own my smart-assness lol. Anyone who knows me and loves me can vouch for it 🙂

But words only have the power to hurt if we let them..as you said.
    that doesn’t mean general kindness can go out the window though! And tact still does count for something….

xo

• Kashmere December 8, 2008, 11:53 am

“I am what I am” – Popeye

Is this like a “you are what you eat” blog? lol

We all have faults – it’s what makes us individuals. I don’t like mine either, but they ARE mine and I have come to accept the bitchy, stubborn, independant person I am that ticks everyone off from time to time.

• Jaime December 8, 2008, 1:14 pm

I have one word that I simply PWN without even trying.

DORK

Let’s face it, it’s fairly obvious and I don’t try to hide it.

Jaime’s last blog post..I LOVE…Fridays – Week 1

• Christine December 8, 2008, 2:14 pm

I’ve been called Weirdo by a friend or two. At first I was taken back by it, but now it’s like a badge of honor 🙂 Thx for the comment earlier!

• Tinyshrimp December 8, 2008, 2:41 pm

I am dingy…..have blonde moments…….and I love being that way. 😀

• sorenj December 8, 2008, 2:57 pm

I agree, and try to do the same… to a point. Where the word ownership thing ends for me is when the words perpetuate a negative stereotype and are being used outside of a closed loop of friends (outside means with those friends, but where others from outside the group can overhear). In those cases, without context, the words are not being ownded, but leased out to the lsiteners perceptions, of which you have no control.

Having said that, again, within a closed loop, I completly agree. I try to own everything, often publically (see my about me page on my blog as an example) and cannot encourage others enough to do the same 🙂

Well done 🙂

sorenj’s last blog post..Miracle of modern science…

• timethief December 8, 2008, 6:47 pm

I’ll lay claim to embracing my over-sensitivity.

My starting point was accepting myself just as I am – overly sensitive, overly sensual and overly well … let’s just say overly.

Examining my underlying core beliefs from childhood and replacing negative ones with positive ones resulted in loving myself – sensitivities and all, and it gave me the ability to love others just the way they are too.

Now, this isn’t to say that I always like myself and everything that I think, say and do. Sometimes I find my “self” to be quite annoying and regret what I have thought, said and done. It is to say that I’m comfortable enough with my “self” to be her best friend.

• perpstu December 9, 2008, 11:38 am

From one obnozious attention whore to another, this is a great post. words only have power over you if you allow them to. Own your shit – I say that at least once a day!

XOXOXO

• yvonne December 9, 2008, 1:07 pm

I am honest…some people don’t like it…but that is me.

Like you I am all this “I talk a lot, excedrin would be good.
    I have big A big ass. I get hyper and loud a lot. But I have small feet.

I am me and however and I own it.