Thursday Thirteen: Songs

Hello my lovelies!! I have the day off this Thursday so I can hopefully make my rounds to the TT crowd 🙂

As we all know, I LOVE music…so I wanted to share 13 songs that I have been really digging lately…as in, I start my day by listening to them…Feel free to share some of your favorite songs!!

1- Right Now (Na Na Na) by Akon
2- Keeps Getting Better by Christina Aguilera
3- So Happy Together (The Flobots cover)
4- Miss Independent (The original, not remix) by Ne-Yo
5- As Time Goes By – Frank Sinatra
6- A New York Christmas by Rob Thomas
7- The Nearness of You by Frank Sinatra
8- I Got Trouble by Christina Aguilera
9- Magic by Robin Thicke
10- Leave You Far Behind by Lunatic Calm
11- I Belong To You by Lenny Kravitz
12- Slip by Fort Minor
13- If I Never See Your Face Again by Maroon 5

TT

I couldn’t find the MP3 version of “So Happy Together” so here’s the video:

xoxo

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

• J. Soul December 3, 2008, 10:50 pm

#1: Great song, love the beat and the hook, sounds great in the club!
    #2: Is not doing as well as Christina thought it would, so thank God it’s on a greatest hits and not an album single. It’s an ok song though but I think she’s trying to keep up with the current flow of music and she’s too damn talented to have to do that.
    #4: Great song, love Ne-Yo although his cockiness is starting to wear on my nerves lately.
    #9: Love this song sooo much, Robin Thicke is one of my favorite artists. Especially love the remix with Mary J. Blige, it’s nice. You should check out the whole album, it’s excellent.
    #13: Love this whole album and this song. The remix featuring Rihanna that they put out was pretty good too.

Great list, B! Let me know if you wanna hear my suggestions on a few songs that I’m currently digging that I know you’ll like. You know I beez da music man! 😉

• FickleMinded December 3, 2008, 11:00 pm

i love the song on your #3.

FickleMinded’s last blog post..Classy Eyeglass

• SJ Reidhead December 4, 2008, 12:16 am

#5 and #7 are the only ones on your list that I know.

I am a total sucker for As Time Goes By – one of my favorite songs.

SJR
    The Pink Flamingo

SJ Reidhead’s last blog post..The Pink Flamingo’s 91st Edition Thursday Thirteen

• perpstu December 4, 2008, 12:33 am

I have been singing that Akon song all day, it just went away half an hour ago. Now I’m going to be Na Na Na’ing all night! Great list, I love them all!

XOXO

perpstu’s last blog post..TT#27 – How Did They Find Me Again?

• lori December 4, 2008, 12:35 am

I havent heard any of those. Very cool. Happy TT. Thanks for sharing and stopping by:)

lori’s last blog post..TT #84

• topsurf December 4, 2008, 4:59 am

WHAT? WHAT? NO Britney????? j/k of course. I like your song choices. My personal favorite atm is PINK, her new album Funhouse is fantastic, Sober and Don’t Leave Me are my favorites from the album but the album is filled with excellent tracks.

topsurf’s last blog post..TT ~ #4

• Hootin' Anni December 4, 2008, 6:18 am

I’m an old, ancient sort…so, Frank Sinatra is one of the best!!!

My 13 is posted…it’s all Olde English today. Stop by, won’t you?

• colleen December 4, 2008, 8:39 am

Typing this with the soundtrack new version of you and me. I remember the old one well. Thanks for the memories.

• Sue December 4, 2008, 9:18 am

Great list! And I LOVE Sinatra too 🙂 Happy TT and thanks for stopping by!

Sue’s last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #71

• pecosa December 4, 2008, 9:24 am

Buenos dias. Great list! I’m gonna have to check some of those out.

I’ve been dying to hear Consequence by Incubus, but can’t find it on my computer and I can’t download it either. It’s driving me insane.

But I The Ting Tings and Grace Kelly by Mika have been on repeat since yesterday on my mp3.

• Jaime December 4, 2008, 10:16 am

I love Frank Sinatra. You should hear my boyfriend sing. *swoon*

Jaime’s last blog post..Thursday13 #3

• LivingWicked December 4, 2008, 12:35 pm

1. No Ordinary Love: Sade
    2. Wild Horses: Alicia Keys/Adam Levine (Live)
    3. On Top of the World: T.I. feat Ludacris
    4. What Dem Girls Like: Ludacris Chris Brown
    5. See You Next Lifetime: Erykah Badu
    6. Bad Girl: Danity Kane
    7. Cool: Snoop
    8. Mercy: Duffy
    9. The Letter: Natalie Merchant
    10: Hit Me With Your Best Shot: Pat Benetar
    11: Hazel: Lloyd
    12: Melody: RayJ
    13: Smash Into You: Beyonce

🙂

LivingWicked’s last blog post..Like Sap from a Maple Tree… Thats Me

• Dre December 4, 2008, 1:25 pm

The only song I didn’t already know on the list was the Lunatic Calm one and I just listened to it. Loveeee all of them, awesome taste. 😀

• Susan Helene Gottfried December 4, 2008, 1:43 pm

Whoa. My tastes are WAY more guitar-driven, shall we say… I might need to expand my boundaries a bit…

Susan Helene Gottfried’s last blog post..Thursday Thirteen: Where Ya Been, Susan?

• Cassie December 4, 2008, 2:01 pm

shit there are too many songs…if I had to pick a 13 right now

1. “The Day that Never Comes’ by Metallica
    2. “New Tattoo” by Saving Abel
    3. ” PsychoSocial” by slipknot
    4. “The Weekend” by Steve Wariner…it’s not new, but is always on my list
    5. “Indestructible” by Disturbed
    6. “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore” by Lady Antebellum
    7. “Written in Blood” by She Wants Revenge
    8. “Use Me” by Hinder
    9. “Bad Girlfriend” by Theory of a Deadman
    10. “Mercy” by Duffy
    11. “Galway Girl” by Gerard Butler(from P.S I love you)
    12. “Hello” by Evanescence
    13. “Gasoline” or “Broken” by Seether

but those will change in the next couple of days….or maybe the next couple of hours…who knows

• The Gal Herself December 4, 2008, 2:44 pm

I’m surprised (and happy) to see a lot of Sinatra in there. Timeless stuff. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for visiting my TT.

The Gal Herself’s last blog post..Make your click count!

• Alice Audrey December 4, 2008, 3:08 pm

Great list! I sat and listened to the whole thing. Except I Got Trouble cuts off in the middle.

Alice Audrey’s last blog post..Thursday Thirteen 55: Things That Can Keep Me From Reciprocating Your Comments.

• Chelle Y. December 4, 2008, 9:24 pm

I only knew one of those songs. Where have I been? 🙂

• Ann Bruce December 7, 2008, 12:37 am

I had no idea Rob Thomas had a Christmas song!

Ann Bruce’s last blog post..Ellora’s Cave’s New Web Site

• Rohit Arora February 17, 2009, 1:18 pm

amazing stuff thanx 🙂

• John Deeds February 17, 2009, 1:54 pm

What is captcha code?, pls provide me captcha code codes or plugin, Thanks in advance.