I will not sit here and tell you how much Twilight the MOVIE sucked. Because, let’s face it.
We knew it was going to…because my imagination when reading the book is so much better than bad acting that tries too hard.
I will, however, tell you that I am still very much in love with Edward Cullen…of my own imagination based on the writing of Stephanie Meyer, nothing more.
I will also give you some highlights of my night before the movie, as well observations from the movie theater.
Best quotes of the night, by my brother:
As we’re driving to pick up my cousin: “I’m wearing bikini underwear…just for Edward” (He does not know anything about the movie or the book.)
He also randomly started singing along to “Stiletto Pumps”…while wearing a ski mask because he was cold.
At Chipotle, as we wait for my cousin to eat her dinner: “If any 15 year old girls in front of us scream, I’m going to lean forward and whisper ‘Edward is mine'” I busted out laughing so hard…because his voice and facial expression was perfectly creepy.
This was followed by a very loud burp from my cousin that basically rang through the entire restaurant.
I love my little brother and sister. Period.
Observations from a Friday night at the movies:
1) I felt really old because I swear half the people in there were, what, 10?
2) I felt incredibly wholesome because I swear I didn’t have cleavage at 11. Who wears push up tank tops at 11? Who wears a push up tank top to the movies at 10 PM on a Friday night in 34 degree weather? Little Hos, that’s who.
3) Wow, there are some skinny ass girls.
4) I wonder how many of the guys at the Twilight showing was on a first date. Poor children.
5) Since when did Dakota Fanning start looking like a future Olsen twin?
6) Oh my god, they made a parody movie for dance movies. HILARIOUS!
7) CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC MOVIE! YAY!!
8) As a creepy guy took his seat in the front, my cousin said “And there’s the pedophile of the night!”
9) I can’t believe people seriously started clapping when Edward and Bella kissed.
10) Um, how about that Asian chick who was wearing a minidress without stockings and stilettos…to the movie theater…in 34 degree weather? Oy.
That, my loves, was my Friday night.
I *am* still looking for my vampire…just not one that looks like he was powdered and then dipped in glitter.