Breaking News: Unauthorized Nudies

Picture this: You’ve been married for a couple of years and you’re 4 months pregnant. One day, you find nude pictures of you on your husband’s computer. The only thing is…You were not aware that he was taking these pictures. His reasoning? He wants to remember what you look like before you were pregnant. Number of pictures: 5-7. Creep factor: 2 out of 5. Is this grounds for divorce?

Next caller on the line: Ex-boyfriend uploaded sexual pix to a website. No face just parts. But unauthorized. Ex-boyfriend has a foot fetish so he also pictures of your feet. Not fully naked though…his private parts are keeping your feet warm in the picture. Creep factor: 5 out of 5. Relationship: Terminated

Next caller: Boyfriend takes pictures of pregnant girlfriend starting somewhere around the 4th month. She finds them, confronts him and he says that he wanted to see the changes in her body during the pregnancy. Woman takes control of the situation and lets him take the pictures…while she’s awake. Creep factor: 1 out of 5. Relationship: Going strong (Baby is now 4 months old)

I didn’t listen to the rest of the calls. The original caller was the married woman who is thinking about divorce. I understand that there is a trust issue involved and yeah, it’s a little creepy but it was only a few pictures and he didn’t post them online or shared them. I think the trust issue can be worked through if both parties are willing.

What would you do in any of the above situations? (OK so #2 is sort of cut and dry). Has this ever happened to you? Someone you know?

Guys…have you ever/would you take pictures of your lady without her knowing? Why? If you did and she found out, what would her reaction be? OR If you did, and she found out, what WAS her reaction?

Go on.

Discuss.

• Jaime November 19, 2008, 8:51 am

If I were caller number one I would be so ashamed and embarrassed, but in the end I wouldn’t divorce him. Not unless he kept on doing it when I asked him to stop.

Nothing like this has happened to me. Sean is always asking if he can takes pictures of me naked, but the answer is always no and he respects that. It doesn’t stop him from asking monthly, but he still respects my feelings. I would be mortified and uncomfortable.

Jaime’s last blog post..The Commute

• Punisher November 19, 2008, 9:55 am

Feet? EWWWWWWW!

• Squish November 19, 2008, 10:41 am

*I* wouldn’t be able to get past someone taking naked pics of me while I wasn’t aware, and without my permission. For me, that WOULD be grounds for divorce. As much as I would like to say I could work through it and get past it, I know myself better, and I wouldn’t NEVER trust him again.

• simply scott November 19, 2008, 1:47 pm

i never let men take unauthorized pictures of me while pregnant or of my feet. gross!

simply scott’s last blog post..first Obama, now what?, or How to be an American again

• Cassie November 19, 2008, 1:54 pm

I would first have to have a steady beau to worry about this…..if I were to ever find them, no matter HOW innocent, I would have to end the relationship, right after scouring his phone, camera, and computer for pics of me!!!!! That is a MUST share.

If he would ask, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but with the right to delete any I didn’t like!! LOL

• Wovoka November 19, 2008, 2:16 pm

Idon’t take pictures of my significant other (if, and when, I’m in a relationship…), at least not like those, too many variables.

Naked pictures of myself? Now that’s another story…LOL

• tinyshrimp November 19, 2008, 4:10 pm

Taking pics needs to be a mutual decision, and you had better REALLY trust the person you share them with.

The first one is a sticky situation. I would NEVER tell someone that they need to get a divorce. There are two things I have a major issue with 1) that he would take them while she didn’t know, and 2) his reason for taking them. What does it matter what she looked like before? The changes to her body would come from her carrying HIS kid. Therefore he should love her body all that much more.

The second guy is a freak and she should be glad that she discovered it in time. I hope she presses charges for him posting her pics on the web without her permission.

The third is kind of sweet, although he should have just asked her in the first place.

• LivingWicked November 19, 2008, 4:13 pm

i take pictures of myself so really it is a non-issue.

i like my naked breasts. and my ass. and well. heh.

LivingWicked’s last blog post..Scenario-en’

• pecosa November 19, 2008, 4:21 pm

He should have asked to take them. Period. Even if he didn’t post them anywhere, which seems fishy to me because if his intentions were to have the pix for himself, I’m sure the wife wouldn’t have minded.

I don’t want any private parts near my feet. Yuck.

What I need to stop doing is sharing sexy pix. I went through a stage where I was so comfortable with my body that I was “look at me!!!”. yeah, not a very good idea. Good thing I’m sexy though!

• Melanie November 19, 2008, 5:28 pm

I don’t think anyone’s ever wanted to even take pics of me nude! LOL

• One Time November 20, 2008, 12:53 am

I once dated a girl who demanded we take photos and videos. She was a superfreak.

One Time’s last blog post..Evil Asian Women

• Stone Bryson November 20, 2008, 1:23 am

Never, NEVER take pictures, shoot video, or even draw a woman without getting permission first. Never – end-of-story, nada, period.

Pfft… such rookie mistakes… 😉

Stone Bryson’s last blog post..Obama Triggers Sweeping Gun Sales

• sorenj November 20, 2008, 2:18 pm

I have… cause she looked amazing sleeping and had no way to ask without waking her and ruining the shot. HOWEVER, I gave her the camera with the pic still on it when she woke up and let her make up her own mind about if I got to keep it or not. I don’t think it is okay to take, keep or distribute pictures of someone else in a compromising position without permission… period.

sorenj’s last blog post..Will v.Will 1.4