Emergency Break

So…I just got back from the E.R. Has anyone seen that episode of House where Chase killed a patient because he didn’t realize she had a bleeding ulcer?

Yeah. I was afraid when I matched a lot of the symptoms and thought maybe the “heartburn” I thought I’ve been having for the 5 days might not be heartburn…Because that bitch hurts and I haven’t slept in 2 days.

So I called my dad and he told me to just come home. I went to the E.R. Let me tell you why I don’t like hospitals.

~ At the EMERGENCY ROOM, the woman taking down my info took twice the time because she was YAPPING with her coworkers. As in…not typing and talking. She also didn’t put in all of my info correctly so it had to be rechecked…three times by three different nurses. *head desk*
~They finally took me to a room and gave me that stupid gown. Three times while I was waiting for a nurse, someone knocked on the door to check to see if nurse so and so was here. Uh. NO. Go away.
~They took my blood pressure twice because they don’t check their computers. Ever.
~They had to put in an IV. The stupid bitch nurse broke the damn needle IN MY ARM. OW MOTHERFUCKER.
~Another nurse came in…I guess he was trying to distract me because he was answering questions to Trivial Pursuit on the TV but uh…no. Look at my vein, stick the damn IV in and get it over with. He did have soft hands though. He also had this older dude shadowing him? Weeeeeeeeeeird and uncomfortable.
~The first stupid nurse came back in and said I have to have an EKG. Um. I told her I just had an EKG done on Tuesday and it was fine. The problem wasn’t in my heart. See, this is why you don’t let amateur nurses in the E.R. with EMERGENCY PATIENTS.
~Finally, the doctor came. “We need a stool sample or have to do a rectal exam” *CONSTIPATION BE GONE*…Uncomfortable much? For fuck’s sake. “If you have any bleeding/blood, we have to admit you.” Oh fuck.

Bottom line is that I don’t have a BLEEDING Ulcer…It might just be gastritis or an ulcer…they gave me an antacid and I have to follow up with my doctor…I think I’m going to ask for an endoscopy when I see my doctor.

Hospitals? Not my cup of tea.

What are some of your WORST hospital moments? Don’t leave me alone in my misery.

Much love to Courtni & Leandra…Sorry that I worried you girls!! MWAH!

• WickedCourtni November 13, 2008, 6:43 pm

How about when I took my sis in law to the ER in the middle of the night, (pretty sure I looked like PWT) and the nurse accused me of stealing needles from the cart to use to get my fix with?!

yeah. I was the purple fucking piece in life that night.

WickedCourtni’s last blog post..Build Your Own Vibrator

• tinyshrimp November 13, 2008, 6:46 pm

I’m sooooooo glad you are okay. The worst part was knowing that if you were admitted you wouldn’t be able to let me know. Hopefully your doctor will have better information for you tomorrow.

lots of XOXOXOXs

• Wovoka November 13, 2008, 6:50 pm

The last time I was in the hospital (back in January), I had at least seven different nurses/drs. walk up to me, as I was lying on a gurney in the hallway, and ask me what was wrong with me…I’m not the fucking doctor! That’s why I’m here,goddamnit! So YOU can tell me what’s wrong with me!!! And, to make matters worse, I was in that hallway for about four hours…and they didn’t really do anything, other than ask me what was wrong. Cocksuckers.

I fucking hate hospitals.

• LindaLou November 13, 2008, 7:46 pm

LMAO!

OK, honey the nurse wasn’t being stupid, sometimes, dyspepsia or indigestion, is a sign of an MI (Myocardial Infarction)—fancy-schmancy name for a heart attack.

An Endoscopy is no freaking picnic, girlfriend. Trust me, I have Diverticulitis, and have them 3 times a year, as well as an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy with a colonoscopy & those fuckers are a real pain in the ass.

All puns intended.

LindaLou’s last blog post..Chronicles of HB: HB Weighs in on The Election

• Jaime November 13, 2008, 8:00 pm

I’ve had an endoscopy. They not fun.

Jaime’s last blog post..Blah.

• Cassie November 14, 2008, 12:05 pm

pretty much ANY trip the ER where I live is apt to leave me SEETHING in anger…. I HATE the doctors there, with a couple of exceptions.

I went once cause a horse had thrown me and I hurt my shoulder and the MFing ER doctor wanted to fucking lecture me about how dangerous horseback riding was. UMMMM, excuse me asshole, have many times have YOU ridden a horse….his answer…none, I ALMOST went to jail that day. It would have been too painful to knock the fucker out, though!!!

• Damaris November 14, 2008, 12:30 pm

What was the BP reading the first time? They may have done that because they found it a little hight the first time and wanted to rule out hypertension.

WOW… Some nurses should NOT be dealing with IV’s… That sucks babygirl!

The reason they asked for the EKG is because studies are finding that women are displaying symptoms of gastritis or acid reflux when what they’re really having is a heart attack. Weird, I know… but it happened to my aunt about a month ago!

Hope you’re feeling better, mama!!!

• Dre November 14, 2008, 4:02 pm

Worst ER visit of my life summarized.

Little cousin hit in the eyes with baseball bat, splits open the bottom of his eyebrow + cousin who does not like needles = Hell.

They stuck a needle that was about 4 inches long into the top of his eye and we were stuck in the hallway. He screamed like a girl on the top of his large lungs scaring the crap out of a little girl who I actually saw RUN out of the hospital. When they took the needle out he puked, on me. Fun times!

I’m glad you’re alright though. 🙂

• Kate November 14, 2008, 6:03 pm

If somebody was following the nurse around, then the nurse was probably a newbie in the middle of being trained or something. Or the nurse is on some sort of probation and needs to be monitored. Usually it’s because the nurse may have been stealing narcotics. That’s usually why nurses/docs get fired or loose their licenses.

As for me, the night that I went into the ER because I had just been told by my doctor that I needed to be admitted like RIGHT NOW because I was completely jaundice was the worst one. Not because the staff sucked or anything. I don’t even remember most of what happened cuz I was so sick.

I can only say that I am VERY grateful that my experience giving birth to Mini Me was actually really good as far as the hospital. Considering what I was going through personally, it could have been SOOOOO much worse.

Kate’s last blog post..It is the woman who has to speak.

• Melanie November 14, 2008, 6:58 pm

The only good ER trip I ever had was when I broke my leg, waited for about 9 hours (denial – it was just sprained) when the pain got too bad and got there about 5:00 am. I was the only patient at that time so it was pretty quick.

• Stone Bryson November 15, 2008, 10:53 am

Broken needle? My goodness…

I think these days I would rather die than actually enter a hospital. Seriously. It’s one of my worst fears… well, that and mice (long story).

Sorry you had to go through it, but I am happy you did not have to be admitted at least…

Stone Bryson’s last blog post..Good Vids On YouTube?

• yvonne November 16, 2008, 1:24 pm

I have many stories, but the worse one is when I got a staph infection from them. I was admitted for 7 days. I almost died on the third day.

I feel your pain on that heartburn shit. I had to have IV iron two weeks ago because my iron was so low, i was short of a blood transfusion. Shit if I get blood from someone other than my parents and son.
    I don’t have my period because i had an operation to burn the lining of my uterus…years ago. So where am i losing blood from…..hmmmmm???

Possible ulcer!

I have to have an endo and a colonoscopy on the same day.

gee I can’t wait!