Guilt-B-Gone

Guilty, Party of one. Calling…Guilty, Party of One.

*We interrupt this program for a special PSA*

Have a guilty conscience? Do you take offense to random comments because you’re afraid of getting caught? Is the guilt weighing too heavily on you?

We have a solution.

www.1-800-Guilt-B-Gone.com

You can come on our page, write out to your heart’s content anonymously and get the guilt of your conscience. No one will know*

*Except for your relatives, coworkers and sexual partners.

**We now return you to your Princess Q blog, already in progress**

It’s amusing to me when people take offense to something that has NOTHING to do with them. Guilty conscience much? Say I write a blog, venting…or addressing an issue in general…then I get a comment where the person attacks me because they took offense to the blog as if I attacked them. Excuse me? Check your baggage at the door before you come in to my blog…especially if you aren’t sure if it’s meant to be addressing a person. You can ask me in a comment or message me…but don’t get an attitude with me in MY blog.

This happens in real life too. I dealt with it in the past and I have a couple of friends dealing with it now. People in our lives know that they’ve done something wrong so they’re on the defensive ALL the time. They assume that they will be found out so they turn it around on US.

“I’ve lied to you so I’m going to assume that you’re always lying to me.”

“I slept with someone and even though our deal was that I would tell you…I didn’t…so now I assume you’re fucking other people without telling me.”

“I will back stab you in a heartbeat so I will always assume you will do the same to me”

Sound familiar?

It’s a stupid game we play. We want to believe that the other person is too stupid to pick up on our game. We don’t give them any credit so that we don’t feel like shit about how we treat them.

“Oh she’ll never find out.”

Oh yes she will.

Some people have a guilty conscience so heavy that it turns into paranoia. That’s where it gets really funny…if you know that they’re feeling guilty about something.

I just sit back and watch the idiots at play…

Don’t be stupid. Be honest.

I could go on about this topic but I want today to be more about you. What do you guys think? Have you had to deal with a situation like this? What are some OBVIOUS and NOT so obvious signs of a guilty person?

• mrwolf November 8, 2008, 7:54 pm

I know what you mean. I’m actually lucky in that I am good at reading people and before the other person reaches for the knife I call them on it. If they were real friends and it was just a “lapse” they’ll apologize. If the were planning this from the start they’ll disappear from my life. I tend to give people chances but I will always trust my instincts, they’ve never failed me.

• Kate November 8, 2008, 10:36 pm

I’ve honestly been too involved in some rather serious issues, so I haven’t had time to really pay attention to anything petty. I’m surprised I haven’t pulled all my hair out by now, actually.

• Don't Call Me Sir November 8, 2008, 10:38 pm

How dare you call me out like this!

😉

• timethief November 8, 2008, 10:41 pm

Ah ha! You are trying to trick us into confessing, aren’t you?
    Well it won’t work … lol 😛

• yvonne November 9, 2008, 12:06 pm

Basically I read and move on. Everyone is entitle to their opinions.

It is only if I am attacked personal for something that is only my business that i may get angry. I don’t even blog anymore.

My blogs have always dealt with a real life situation about me. I had hundred of comments because it touched people personally in some way or another.

I shoot from the hip so there is no game playing with me.

• pecosa November 9, 2008, 4:20 pm

helloooooo!

I just dealt with this. I think I told you about it…my oldest friend walked out on me at the club because she “sensed tension and couldn’t take it anymore” yeah, she was talking shit about me with another one of her friends and assumed I was doing the same. too bad so sad, we move on but the friendship will never be the same.

It sucks when it happens in relationships because it turns into a revolving cycle, they cheat so you cheat as revenge and then they cheat to get revenge on your revenge and so on…pffffft.

• Serenity November 10, 2008, 2:59 pm

My ex-husband used to sneak home in the middle of the day, peeking in the window to see what I was doing or who I was doing it with. He’d come in the door and check “last number dialed” to see who I’d been talking to. Once, he followed my car for miles, wondering what I was doing out when I should have been at work. Only to realize that HE was driving my car that day!

Come to find out, it was because he was cheating on me and there were other issues in our relationship that needed serious work. So he figured if he was cheating, I had every reason to as well (despite the fact I’d never given him any reason to believe I was cheating).

Guilt does very strange things to people.

• Melanie November 10, 2008, 4:54 pm

I’m very disappointed. I was sure it was going to be a blog ALL about me.