I WANT GIFT CARDS!
OK, so up until this year, I have been the girl who’s always so giving (And I still will be) but never asked for any presents. Well…there’s a saying in Turkish that roughly translates to “If a baby doesn’t cry, it doesn’t get tit”
WELL I WANT TIT!
Or something like that. I was at the mall this weekend and I realized that as much as I give, there is some pretty stuff that I want for myself and a couple of my good friends have told me that I need to be more selfish. Let’s face it…the holiday season is all about getting the wrong present, and kindly asking for the gift receipt so you can go get what you REALLY want…OK OK…it’s about family and love and giving and all that too but that’s what it should be about the other 11 months of the year.
If you’re going to be giving presents, it’s about making the other person happy but the real deal is this…it has to be something practical. Who doesn’t love a lovely fruit basket that you won’t open up and regift for the next party? I don’t. When I give gifts, I like to be practical. One of the favorite gifts I’ve gotten for someone was a Punisher belt buckle and belt for his birthday that I found in a tiny mall in NC. It’s practical and it’s personal.
You know what else is personal and practical?
GIFT CARDS! All I want for Christmas are GIFT CARDS!
Lemme break it down for you…There are things I need. I’m a girly girl lately so I want the make-up and the shoes and the clothes and A CAMERA! I’m a website owner so I need the money to keep my website running and do it without charging my writers any money. I’m a student so I need money for school and books and GAS and maintaining my car. So, if you’re wondering what to get PQ for Christmas…let me help you out.
1) Sephora Gift Card: I should never be allowed in that store unsupervised. HAVE YOU SEEN HOW PRETTY IT IS?! I don’t want you picking out my make up and lotions for me so just get me the gift card and we’re good, ok? I need the glittery, shimmery, nice smelling lotions.
2) Victoria’s Secret Gift Card: Here’s the thing. My boobs have grown over the last two years so I need new bras and I don’t want any creepy men sending me lingerie. Speaking of which, what is up with those men leaning against the rail outside of a Victoria’s Secret at the mall, just staring into the store? CREEPS!
3) Best Buy Gift Card: I’m out of a digital camera and my phone just isn’t cutting it anymore. I also love my gadgets!
4) Borders Gift Card:OH MY GOD! BOOKS! ‘Nuf Said.
5) Visa/Mastercard/AmEx Gift Cards: Give the gift of CASH! That way, I can pay the hosting fees for the site.
6) Meeting with an agent: I would LOVE to get my poetry published. How about you do that for me?
7) Twilight: Anything and everything Edward Cullen & Twilight related…I’ll take without any complaints.
8 ) Penguins: I love Penguins. I’ll take any and all penguin gear. *giggle*
9) A Purple iPod Nano…I figured I could throw stuff in here.
10) A rent-free apartment. What…a girl can dream, can’t she?
So tell me…what do YOU want this year? Don’t give me that bull about being grateful for any gift you get. This is the time of practicality…We all NEED things…so how about asking for them?