≑ Menu

NOT THE MAMA!!

Who remembers the Dinosaurs?! The Baby was like a prehistoric version of Stewie…my favorite evil baby in the whole world! I’ve been on YouTube all morning, remiscing and missing some of the shows that I used to watch…Like the Dinosaurs…

I used to watch that show EVERY MORNING when I was in middle school…I loved the Disney Channels & that was one of the best shows on it.

Going back even further, when I was in Turkey, I LOVED Perfect Strangers. How do you not love Balki?! I was very disappointed when I found that it wasn’t on the air when we moved to the US. πŸ™

& then…there was DARKWING DUCK! Let’s get DANGEROUS!

Who could forget Taxi? A classic! Andy Kaufman was priceless!

I think one of my favorites though was “Out of this World”…I watched it all the time when I was in Turkey but couldn’t figure out the name when I moved here (There was no google or YouTube back then!). Out of This World was a show about a girl named Evie whose father was an alien but it was the cutest show ever!

Naturally…ALF has to be on this list…

What were some of your favorite shows from your childhood? Even teen years? What are some shows you wish were still on TV?

Β

• pecosa September 12, 2008, 10:13 am

Morning!

I looooved Dinosaurs! Now they kinda gross me out…
    Darkwing Duck was one of my favorites as well. So were the Gummi Bears.

I was never a big fan of ALF. He kinda freaked me out…

• Dre September 12, 2008, 10:21 am

I loveeeddd loved loved Dinosaurs. Darkwing Duck rocks too! I was an avid watcher or The Flintstones and Full House. It was what I used to watch with my dad when he was home. After that I kind of stuck to reading books, maybe because my dad disappeared. πŸ˜†

• pecosa September 12, 2008, 10:44 am

I have this weird thing about textures, and they look slimy and grimmy. I know, I’m weird.

Yes, Disney’s Gummi Bears. They’re on YouTube.

I know! I used ot love ALF until I read a book where he was in love with an ant-eater. I was scarred for life.

• Dre September 12, 2008, 4:14 pm

I’ve been on SurfTheChannel all day now watching Dinosaurs episodes. -facepalm- At least it’s raining out. . that gives me a sort-of excuse. =| lol

• Cassie September 12, 2008, 10:29 am

How could you mention the 80s without mentioning Punky Brewster….or Facts of Life….or Different Strokes….or the effin DUKES OF HAZZARD…or Dallas

Knots Landing
    Fraggle Rock
    Dynasty
    Thundercats(they have a LIVE action movie coming out soon…..I am SOOOOOO GEEKED about this!!!)
    The Smurfs
    the Incredible Hulk..

FUCK, I could go on forever!!! LOL

OF COURSE I loved Alf, not much of a Darkwing duck person and I always LOVED Balki, but wanted to junkpunch the other guy, so I didn’t watch that show too much!

OH—another one…My Two Dads

• PrincessQ September 12, 2008, 10:35 am

Full House! Yeah, that was another show I watched religiously…lol

I’d been reading since I was 4 so I kinda did both…LOL

• Cassie September 12, 2008, 10:44 am

THAT’S YOUR EXCUSE? lmao

OH…I also forgot

Rainbow Brite
        My Little Pony
        The Wuzzles
        and
        Strawberry Shortcake…..these were all toys that had cartoons associated with them!!!

• pecosa September 12, 2008, 10:45 am

Oooo, Family Matters, Saved by the Bell, Who’s the Boss, Sweet Valley High…

• Kate September 12, 2008, 12:26 pm

Small Wonder
    Roseanne
    Home Improvement
    You Can’t Do That on Television
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete
    David the Gnome
    Thundercats

• Stone Bryson September 12, 2008, 12:31 pm

I loved Cheers – still watch it sometimes in reruns. From way back in my youth I loved the old OLD Popeye cartoons, and when they’d have the “Monster Week” movies on Channel Five?… Thought Godzilla was the coolest dude on Earth… πŸ™‚

Fun blog, my friend… and yes – we do need to chat soon…

• Jaime September 12, 2008, 2:09 pm

Zoobalizoo.
    ThunderCats.
    The Snorks.
    The Wuzzles.
    Popples.
    Fraggle Rock.
    Home Improvement.
    Star Trek TNG.
    Avonlea (TV show, not movie).
    Ocean Girl.
    Spellbinder.
    Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.
    Salute Your Shorts.
    Animaniacs.
    Pinky & the Brain.
    Captain Planet.
    Looney Tunes.
    Popeye.
    Barney.

a lot of the ones already listed above me, and pretty much anything on Nick TV in the 90’s or Disney in the 80’s (back when it was a pay channel).

I can’t think of any more right now.

I would watch all of these shows.

• No Trespassing September 13, 2008, 1:07 pm
  • melissa September 15, 2008, 5:33 pm

Oooh. How about Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers?

• PrincessQ September 15, 2008, 5:38 pm

*gasp*

THEY ROCKED!

• alky September 15, 2008, 8:44 pm

There was this show called Ghostwriter that I loved. I really liked Alf. I liked the Power Rangers when it first came on. I remember as a family watching the dinosaurs. that was a really cool show and a cool time period for me because i still got along with my dad back then.

• aymie September 20, 2008, 12:49 am

I am still a sucker for Ducktales, Tiny Toons, Ren and Stimpy, Darkwing Duck, Animaniacs etc. I am always looking out for the “retro” cartoons to hit dvd. Only a matter of time.

• Dypeimpanny February 17, 2009, 4:43 am

Hello, I can’t understand how to add your blog ( thepqnation.com ) in my rss reader
    ————————